Modding Old School Audio MP1 to API 312

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquariusblue

I have 2 OSA MP1 500 series preamps that I was considering swapping opamps to api and maybe transformers as well . First would that be possible with out headaches, and is it worth doing? I like the output gain attenuation on the MP1. No direct input but that’s ok. Original API stuff is getting more rare and expensive...thoughts ?

There is a lot of variation in 'what' an MP1 might be, useful to know what transformers and op amp you have.

Hey Doug!
Thanx for your reply. I have 2 identical channels as in the pictures. I know there are A B and C versions. these I believe are the original versions. I liked them at first and felt they compared favorably to my original api. Over time using them next to my Melcor AML-27 I have cooled a little... but love having the output attenuation that the MP-1 has. That is where my thought came about modding (I would have someone do it as I am not gifted in that way). I have even considered tracking down some Jensen JTK-110 input transformers ..if again possible and worth it.

Latest posts

Back