Modular multi channel DIY AD/DA Box

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Datasheet p. 19 chapter Audio serial port operation:
"... In Master mode, the BCK and LRCK clock signals are outputs, derived from the system clock input, SCKI. The BCK clock is fixed at 128fS for Single Rate sampling mode."

On the next page about the same on slave mode (I take it that its not recommended as performance may degrade).

Single rate means rates below 54 khz, ADAT wants 48khz. At 96 khz 64fs bit clock is possible.

Ah, ok. Well I was looking at the wrong datasheet.  :eek:

Anyway, I did run it with 64fs only and it worked fine.

It might work well. Found a diyaudio.com thread on PCM4204 (PCM4202 really, it's 2-channel version, same restrictions apply) ADC at 48khz / 64fs with Arta screenshot:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/144454-noisy-adc.html#post1911792

Not in master mode though. Got to build another ADC board to supply the clocks, have a pair of CS5394s with the Elektor ADC pcb left for that purpose.

dear Rapheal,

i love this topic,
i woud love an 12 channel DAC to provide digital audio for a monitor rack.
obviously i do not need ADC channels on this, but i can't find any official ready made units, for it.
maybe i can build my own. !

greetings
Bart

later i might wanne try to do the opposite.
build digital stageblocks whitch whill have a number of ADC's and just a few DAC of none at all

Latest posts

Back