Modular multi channel DIY AD/DA Box

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course yes. See the mainboard-thread. I'm currently working on a software for an UAC2 interface.

Hey guys,

Finally getting to put some time into this project. Yeah... I bought the boards years ago, so what :p.

Anyway, maybe I missed it in this thread, but I can't for the life of me find the schem/BOM (specifically for the DAC boards). Yes, I see the schematic posted near the front of this thread, but Raphael mentioned that the filter values weren't correct. I know I got a hard copy of them with the boards, but again... that was several years ago now haha!

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction to find the latest docs? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that they were not published online. Hard copies were sent with the kits.

Have you got in touch with Rafael to ask for replacement copies?

Thanks, Rob.

Oh okay, that makes sense. Yeah, I sent Rafael an email before I posted here a month ago, but no luck. I'll follow up with him again.

Thanks again!

You're in luck! Much to my amazement I've just walked into my workshop and found the DAC paperwork straight away. Can't see the ADC bits though so might not be able to help there.

Pm your email address and I'll send you some scans

Hi,

please can you send me again an email and write what you still need?
I cannot find your email, don't ask me what happened.

Thanks,

Raphael

Hi !

I'm just starting to read this topic, but it is extremely difficult to find the current state of the project inside these ... 32 pages of single-topic!

What are the news in October 2014? Some prototypes running? How many inputs/outputs? Is there a driver needed? Which ADC do you finally use (PCM4204 ?) , what microcontroller chip is used? What kind of latency do you get on Windows computers ?

More generally : is there a website that "sums up" all the informations from these 32 pages?

Thanks a lot in advance
Baa

PS : It might be interesting to edit the very first message and to give the latest news : project still running / project closed / etc.  link to website of the project, etc.

Hi,

currently there is no progress.
There are many reasons. At least I have the combination AES => DAC, ADC => AES running. Many GDIY-members ordered this combination, too but I've never seen somebody building this.
Then I started to make a main board. This main board was based on ADAT i/o and offered some routing. This was almost done and then the wavefront ADAT chips reached EOL. Thus, the design of the mainboard became obsolete.  :'(
Then there was question about USB connectivity. I tried to do something with XMOS but it turned out, that it is not so easy. I downloaded all the free software of XMOS but never succeeded to setup the reference design for UAC2.0 for compiling.
But, there is now the USBstreamer of minidsp. At least you can connect 8 i/os with it and they claim that you can use the USBstreamers in parallel to increase the i/o count. Currently I'm giving it a try for a job-related project.
Due to the story of the main board I'm thinking of giving it another try, too. I'm going to open a new thread about it soon.

R.

Just a little vote of confidence for you Rafael... I bought the DAC and ADC boards but was hoping for the USB / ethernet integration that was talked about early on because I don't use adat anything. So this new development is just the info I wanted to hear. Looking forward to the new developments

Yeah, thumbs up :) I've got a kit as well. I haven't had time for diy for a while so no problem waiting for Audinate Dante ethernet solution ;)

I'm in too, I really like to use those with smux, since I have 8 I/O channels unused for it (2 toslink in/ 2 out)

JS

Hahaha,

now everybody is filling the wish list?  ;D

Do you have any idea how to implement that?
Ravenna ist called 'open standard' but I've not seen a document with the full specification yet. And even if it is there, how much work would it be to implement it? And of course the hardware has to be made...
So don't expect a Ravenna-interface next month.  ;)
I don't say that it is not possible in the future.

R.

Oh, come on, I'm not filling the wish list, I've talked to you about s/mux already, and you were trying to implement it already. About RAVENA could be... I don't know if I can be helpful but count on me if I can do something, the digital world is not really my thing but I can defend myself there, I still think there should be someone here better than me for programing and picking parts, if you need help with the analog end or PCB routing count on me.

JS

Back