Montreal Group buys & DIY meeting ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I have the time (I'm very busy), I'll finish my 312 for the meeting.
I still have to order the caps for the pushbuttons :oops: and to solder the lights for the +48.

I've got only one channel working though, because I burnt one of my 2520 :oops: (I'll still have to order the other one) But it would be interesting to compare mine unit with the 3nity's one because I've got a different Input Tx (CM-75101A) and a different 2520 (Peter Purpose one)

Jim, it's a good idea to record some audio to listen back to my control room, because I'm not used with your monitoring and with your room and also because it will be difficult to hear something if Andy sneezes every 5 seconds. :green:

eD))

Anfy - did you build the D'lite or is it one of thos boutique amps?

jim

I built the D'Lite using most of their kit + several tweaks I learned off ampgarage and www.brownnote.net/forum. Very cool amp, they didn't just copy what was under the "goop" in a D*mble ODS and instead used their ears to get really close. My Two Rock has more bells and whistles and is slightly quieter, but the D'Lite is more fun to play imho.

The D'Lite is available as a kit or fully built. ODS chassis and key components can be bought and sold on ampgarage but you'll need to join before you can look under the "goop" and get schematics.

AFAIK, if ODS is what you like, there are several kit D'Lite's in Montreal, I know 2 guys in TO with Bluddotones and Boutique Tone is a dealer for Fuchs Two Rock and Carol Ann. I also know of a couple of D*mbles but their owners wish to keep that discrete....the closest I've gotten to hearing one in the flesh is Robben Ford at the Baked Potato in LA.

It was really fun to build, lots of room and lots of very cool people glad to help on the boards I mentioned above (much like here).

Andy

[quote author="vertiges"]
But it would be interesting to compare mine unit with the 3nity's one because I've got a different Input Tx (CM-75101A).
eD))[/quote]

Ed the 75101A and 75101APC is the same thing, only difference is the flying leads instead of pins!

Ed You really, really gotta try this SM2520 they sound gorgeous!
despite the sm thing! :thumb:

Andy - OK now I'm scared! I went to the Brown Note site and listened to the D'Lite, the Lite 18 and the Voxy Brown sound clips.

Out of the 3 the D'Lite was absolutely my favourite followed by the Lite 18. I wasn't too blown away by the Voxy Brown though.

The D'Lite seems to have huge dynamic range while being able to hold each note in balance. Of course the player may have something to do with that !
Can't wait to hear it in person!

I'm scared because I wanted to slow down on DIY! Now I may be forced to build one of these....

Jim

Hey fellow 450/514, I'm about to do an order with http://rtlfasteners.com/RC/index.html one of my favorite estores (and I'm not into rc planes, just a happy google incident). If anybody wants some hardware, please speak up.

Andy

Andy,

Thanks for the link ! :thumb:
That's the kind of stores I've been looking for months...
Do they ship by USPS ?

I would be interested in good looking allen screws for fixing a front pannel to the chassis. I'm gonna search into their web site.

eD)))

I used L&L Industries in Terrebonne at (450) 968-2228 in the past.

Call to see if they have stock and if they sell in small qty (they won't open boxes up all the time).

Jim

••••••• FINAL NOTICE •••••••

OFFICIAL MEETING OF THE

MONTREAL DIY GROUP

SATURDAY MAY 17 AT 1PM

All are welcome (hopefully not 300 people will show up at my door!).

So far we have me, vertiges, 3nity and sysexguy, outoftune and bodega.

bodega and outoftune need a ride! I think vertiges and sysexguy had previously offered. I'll let you guys work that part out.

Maps have been sent out to people with vehicles. If there are any questions please write here (my PM box is full).

I'm really looking forward to meeting each and everyone of you.

Oh yes, another thing. We agreed on Pizza. Instead of going out how about ordering in? I'm OK both ways.

Jim

bodega, outoftune,

It would be simple for me if I could pick up both of you at the same place.
Could we meet at the Sherbrooke station ?

At what time ? 12h30 ?

eD))

It's after tomorrow !!!
bouncy.gif

Great guys! I'm really busy and very hectic these days but Saturday will be a break for me.

Hey Andy did you get the map to my place (I know vertiges and 3nity have it).

Jim

Latest posts

Back