Montreal Group buys & DIY meeting ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodega, Outoftune

busted.gif

I've sent you an email !

Could you please confirm you'll be (or won't be) there tomorrow at 12:30 ?
(On the pavement outside on the southern side - "Institut de tourisme et d'hôtellerie du Québec" builiding.)

I will check my mail a last time tomorrow morning a 10h00.

Cheers !

eD

I forgot to mention, I will be in a black Ford Explorer with "Prodigy-DIY'ers-Shuttle" painted all over the car !

:green:

[quote author="vertiges"]I forgot to mention, I will be in a black Ford Explorer with "Prodigy-DIY'ers-Shuttle" painted all over the car !

:green:[/quote]

Ah, cool. I'll look for a Black Explorer.

...and assume you're kidding about the paint!

[quote author="vertiges"]Bodega, Outoftune

I forgot to mention, I will be in a black Ford Explorer with "Prodigy-DIY'ers-Shuttle" painted all over the car !

:green:[/quote]

Quick, don't forget to put "Montreal" before "Prodigy-DIY'ers-Shuttle"

See you guys tomorrow.

jim

[quote author="Bluzzi"]
Quick, don't forget to put "Montreal" before "Prodigy-DIY'ers-Shuttle"
jim[/quote]

:grin:

The meeting point with Bodega and Outoftune is confirmed ! :thumb:

see you tomorrow Jim !!!

eD

I'm getting everything ready for the party of 6!

In the meantime I blew my JLM power supply (lesson learned). I managed to repair part of it but I need 2 to 4 of the 1000uf/50v Radial caps. They are about .5in diameter and about 1in or more high (although height matters less).

If any of you have some spares please bring them along and I'll gladly buy them off you. Thanks.

Looking forward to meeting ll of you.

jim

I got a bag in my hand.....Nichicon 63V 1000uF 16x25 radial x2

my price.....all the pizzas need to be anchovy........

just kidding! I'm bringing them, if you like, they're yours.

Andy

Andy your generosity precedes you. Anchovies it is.:thumb:

I'm going off line now so I'll see you guys soon.

Jim

That was fun. Good putting a few faces to names.

I was thinking of ordering some tubes from Eurotubes, if anyone else has anything they want ordered as well, let me know and we can split the shipping.

That said, I was going to order 3 ECC83S' (one balanced) and a couple of KT77's, cause that's what comes in their "KT77 Option".

There's Omnitek in Rosemont that sells tubes but he only has the unbalanced ECC83S'. Is there anywhere else locally that might have JJs (or something similarly good)?

On a related note, Eurotubes guy recommends a balanced ECC83S for the splitter - can anyone explain to me why this is? Doesn't seem like this is "balanced" in the same sense as XLRs are balanced.

Matthew

Hi guys, thanks Jim for hosting us!!!!!

If any of you got the guitar amp bug (very contageous), this app is fascinating and shows how interactive amp eq's are: http://www.duncanamps.com/tsc/

Andy

[quote author="sysexguy"]Hi guys, thanks Jim for hosting us!!!!!

If any of you got the guitar amp bug (very contageous), this app is fascinating and shows how interactive amp eq's are: http://www.duncanamps.com/tsc/

Andy[/quote]

I might have the guitar amp bug, but I don't have a Windows PC. Looks cool tho.

Andy - your are welcome. It was really my pleasure to have you all down. All interesting and intelligent persons (everyone has a story).

Thank you all for bringing your projects down. Andy once again thanks for taking the time to lug around all those amps! You've got me thinking for sure. Nice chops too.

Vertiges, hope you liked the Pizza! :razz: Thanks for the Acoustic treatment tips and encouragement.

outoftune your idea on the mikes was right on. bodega, next time its Indian (3nity you will have to learn to love it :wink: )

I think we all agreed on one thing - MOLEX SUCKS!

This was an ice breaker session for me and I think the next time we can get more technical.

I know some of you want more info on front panels. Let me make some more calls and get you more info so that you can make your own choices.

Let's all keep the idea of the mike mod in mind and check back here in 1 week to see if we are still on the same track.

Also next time if we do it again at my place (welcome to do it again) we can do a mike preamp clone vs original shootout. We can try and bring as much of the real ones and compare with the clones.

Jim

[quote author="bodega"][quote author="sysexguy"]Hi guys, thanks Jim for hosting us!!!!!

Andy[/quote]

I might have the guitar amp bug, but I don't have a Windows PC. Looks cool tho.[/quote]

I have Fusion with WindowsXP installed on my iMac and I flip between OSX and XP with no problems whatsoever. Something to look into if you need to run some XP apps and run on OSX.

jim

...after I replace all my XLR connectors with 3-pin Molex, of course.

I think I've figured out the whole balanced-as-applied-to-tubes as well, so may as well just pick up regular ones from Omnitek. I guess it's pretty much him or TubeStore (which I've heard isn't the best) for north of the border tubes.

Also next time if we do it again at my place (welcome to do it again) we can do a mike preamp clone vs original shootout. We can try and bring as much of the real ones and compare with the clones.

Personally, I'd like to do a shootout of everything-vs-everything....

Hey guys that was Fun but also very challenging for me!
sometimes at jokes i was lost :roll:

But that was fun!

looking forward to next meeting!

Latest posts

Back