My 1st custom made G-SSL almost finished !

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUESTION FOR THE EXPERTS HERE

I have a question regarding my Thrust filter components. Does it make any sense to use the poly caps instead of carbon ones? I noticed that on Stephens filter my 90Hz curve went way off because I used the carbon cap for this frequency. Should I use the poly caps for Thrust filter also or it doesn't matter?

Is there any rule where or when to use poly vs carbon caps?

carbon caps?

Carbon???

Do you mean ceramic?

If they are ceramic, & the cap values are correct, I dont think there should have been much difference between the 2 types. Maybe one type was +-20% tolerance & the other +-5%?

Try measuring them on a multimeter with a capacitance range.

Peter

I am moving toward my next step in DIY process. My own PCB layout :grin:

PCB-LAYOUT.jpg

Will post a few pictures when done.

Sprint for the basic tracing, Corel for text and precise corrections of the tracing. Corel can import vector based tracing export file from Sprint so it can be corrected very fast and precise in the Corel later on. I went this way because I don't need gerbers at the end since I am using the DIY print to a special folio for this PCBs.

i dont like you, not only do you have a 1968, but the ssl is nearly as beutiful as my wife.!!

i live in awe at you guys, cant wait to show you the mess i will make of a G9 :grin:

Back