My Hairball 1176 kit has has the wrong resistor. Use whats in the box or order the right one?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadly Mix

Audio-engineer
I'm populating the ratio switch PCB for the Hairball 1176 Rev A. I'm down to the last resistor in the "1k - 9.9k" baggy.
I reached for R64 on the "All In" button and this is what's in there.

BOM says it should be 2.2k
As you can see in the attached picture, all I have is this 2.7k resistor.

This does NOT mean I screwed up somewhere. I already checked and more reassuring is the fact that there is no 2.7k resistor in the build.

That would be an 18.5% difference so, if I had to guess, I'd guess I need to tell Hairball and wait for them to send me the right component and or order the correct part myself. Either option will delay this build but, before I get upset, I figured I'd ask.
20211014_144351.jpg

I'm populating the ratio switch PCB for the Hairball 1176 Rev A. I'm down to the last resistor in the "1k - 9.9k" baggy.
I reached for R64 on the "All In" button and this is what's in there.

BOM says it should be 2.2k
As you can see in the attached picture, all I have is this 2.7k resistor.

This does NOT mean I screwed up somewhere. I already checked and more reassuring is the fact that there is no 2.7k resistor in the build.

That would be an 18.5% difference so, if I had to guess, I'd guess I need to tell Hairball and wait for them to send me the right component and or order the correct part myself. Either option will delay this build but, before I get upset, I figured I'd ask.

I dont know how they implemented the all-buttons mode, but even so, for a feature like that, I would be very surprised to find a difference between disorting and burrying the needle with a 2K7 vs a 2K2 resistor value, no matter where its located, if its specific to that feature.

Deep breaths, my friend :)

Gustav

I got a response back from Mike. He seems to agree.
He said he didn't know how that would even happen because they don't stock 2.7k, unless it's an issue with the dye when it was striped, and that a 2.7k should work just the same if I wanna go ahead and finish the build.

Latest posts

Back