My Little Body Paint Project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicMaven

Inspired by a thread on painting BM-700 bodies initiated by @k brown, and another by @Pariah Zero, I painted a couple of microphones with a hammered metalic finish using KRYLON Fusion All-in-One Hammered Dark Bronze paint. I prefer the slightly grey appearance of the Dark Bronze over the Hammered Black, because, for some unknown reason, it dries faster and harder. The Hammered Black never feels quite fully cured. After painting, I heat the painted metal bodies with a heat gun and drop the hot parts into a bucket of cool water, which seems to harden and sort of heat-treat "vulcanize" the final finish, as it were.

I gutted and painted both a Behringer C-1 and BM-800 - filling each body with new internal components (both new boards and capsules) - and this is the finished look. My young bride likes it. I am so pleased, you can just imagine I am looking for other stuff to paint next . . . James - K8JHR

CC_1 Before and After Image4.jpgMic Pain Project 1 A cr 8x10 vIMG_3052.jpg

Not my favourite kind of body painting but those look good. I really love the textured look people on here are getting with their paints, so many mics just have a really bland looking paint job, then there's Audio Technica's LDCs that look like somebody spilled soda on them.

Latest posts

Back