Mystery Microphone, help!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sully

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. Tbh Im not much of a tech but I have inherited an unidentified mic from a studio where I was engineering that closed down. Its a bit of a mystery as noone seemed to remember where it came from and it has no brand or model markings anywhere on it. Its currently doesnt pass signal and Im trying to track down a schematic or any kind of lead so I can get it up and running. Ive had it with another studio tech for 6 months or so, hes tried a new output transformer but says he cant get any further without a schematic.

Looks to  be some kind of U48 clone, possibly a kit?? If anyone has any ideas would be hugely appreciated!

Pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7022.jpg
    IMG_7022.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
is the PSU working? does it output a heater voltage and a B+? is the tube known to be good? Is the capsule known to be good or has the capuse been swapped with a known good one to confirm it's not a capsule issue?

outside of swaping the output transformer what else has the other tech  done?

any markings on on the mic? looks to be a typical asian circuit that would get a rebrand to a known brand like se electronics and the ilk.

Hey thanks for the help guys. It does indeed look like an ADK GT2 from the pics on google, theres no markings at all on the mic chassis, PSU, or case but it does say GT 2X on the circuit board so thats fairly promising!

Back