Neat Bodies from 2013madeinchina

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinchemotherloaf

On a major auction site user 2013madeinchina sells a few neat-o bodies I've been trying out. He sells U47, Tlm103, C37 type, and now apex460 type ranging from $36 to $140 for the better U47 type body with shockmount. He ships fairly quickly as well. The 7 pin inserts are not included, just 3 pin. 34mm Capsule mounts are included in all but the cheapest one which has a electret capsule type mount.

The $36 C37 type body's only about 6 inches long (150mm) and 1.5 inches wide (40mm) so I had to offset the tube to one side for the C37 type experimental. I like this body partially because the frame is cast forged into one piece rather than screwed together:
image2.jpegimage1.jpeg
I also tried the Royer circuit with a miniature tube as well (using left over DSL wire!) As you can see it's incomplete so not sure how it sounds yet:
image4.jpegimage6.jpeg

The U47 Body is decent looking. $140 w/ shockmount. It is fairly heavy with the mounting rails inside, not the one with the brass standoffs screwed together:
image0.jpegc12.jpeg
The Tlm103 body is about $45. I turned this one into an SM58 clone for fun. The idea being so it could be used on stage and rougher touring environment (believe it or not, it's probably the best sounding one!) The headshell may be turned. The set screws are Not tapped into the body. The capsule mounting plate is screwed into the body (somewhat randomly) so the headshell has to be aligned with the plate, thus movable!
image3.jpegtlm58.jpeg

Last edited:
I can't find anything searching "2013madeinchina" on eBay. Do you have a link to one of the listings?

Back