Need API / PeterC 5003 EQ front pannle file

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AudioCommand said:
Hello,

After years I have my 5003 pair ready to work!

And now I whan't to know if anyone can send me a frontpanle file?

Thank's Dominic

It's actually not hard to make your own, use the front panel designer for that.
You could ask Peter for the panel dimensions or measure it yourself.

Just acquired 5 of the PeterC 5003 EQs but not happy with the Front Panel. Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has fpd files for it please. Couldn't see any on link above. I can use existing as template but if someone has file already then measurements will be more accurate. Thanks!

Hi TOm

They seem to have disappeared from the link above, I will look for them again.
Peter
Thanks Peter, would really appreciate that.

I have attached pics of my ones, they were in bad shape with all the knobs and pots potted with some black goo but i fixed them up. Put new Sifam knobs (couldnt find many knobs to fit the small 4mm shafts). The front panels seem to be some kind of sticker on top of the pabel and are peeling in places so would like to get redone all in black.

4 of them have the APP205E opamp pictured but one of them has an SMD PPA opamp, can anyone identify it please? Swear it sounds much creamier

Also, have had no success finding actuator for the bypass button. Have bought a few and been too small or large. Does anyone have a part number please?

Attachments

• IMG_6772.jpeg
    IMG_6772.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6770.jpeg
    IMG_6770.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6769.jpeg
    IMG_6769.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6768.jpeg
    IMG_6768.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6767.jpeg
    IMG_6767.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 30
Also, have had no success finding actuator for the bypass button. Have bought a few and been too small or large. Does anyone have a part number please?

Are you using the C&K switch? Caps are listed in the datasheet page 6
A black cap would be F01-01

That's great! Thanks so much Peter, really appreciate it
Your sheet-metal fabrication shop just -- might -- find this drawing to be a bit more "user friendly". However, you can use whatever you wish to use. The format is what your sheet-metal shop "expects" to see and the "language" used in the attached mechanical drawing is what your sheet-metal shop "expects" to read and understand. In addition, all of the dimensions shown within the drawing that PeterC provided are called "Chain Dimensions" and by the time you take into account all of the tolerances and whatnot, the hole on the farthest right-side would probably end up falling off of your panel.

In addition, depending upon wherever it is that you are located on planet Earth and the capabilities of your sheet-metal shop, in today's CAD-design world, lots of sheet-metal shops are able to take the attached SolidWorks file I have included here and directly make your metal part from it!!! You can do the same thing for an entire rack-mount chassis if you want to.

1643870668939.png

1643870360339.png

The actual 3D CAD-design file of the above image is attached to this message, but due to limitations of this forum, I had to rename the file extension in order to attach it here. So, all ya gotta do is rename the attached file > API -- 500-Series EQ Front-Panel - SolidWorks CAD-File.pdf < to finally read as the following >> API -- 500-Series EQ Front-Panel - SolidWorks CAD-File.sldprt << and that is the file you can send to your sheet-metal shop if they happen to accept these types of files.

GOOD LUCK!!!

/

Attachments

• API -- 500-Series EQ Front-Panel - SolidWorks CAD-File.pdf
    90.4 KB · Views: 2
  • API -- 500-Series EQ Front-Panel Fabrication File.pdf
    58.7 KB · Views: 2
  • API -- 500-Series EQ Front-Panel 3D Image File.pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 2
Your sheet-metal fabrication shop just -- might -- find this drawing to be a bit more "user friendly". However, you can use whatever you wish to use. The format is what your sheet-metal shop "expects" to see and the "language" used in the attached mechanical drawing is what your sheet-metal shop "expects" to read and understand. In addition, all of the dimensions shown within the drawing that PeterC provided are called "Chain Dimensions" and by the time you take into account all of the tolerances and whatnot, the hole on the farthest right-side would probably end up falling off of your panel.

In addition, depending upon wherever it is that you are located on planet Earth and the capabilities of your sheet-metal shop, in today's CAD-design world, lots of sheet-metal shops are able to take the attached SolidWorks file I have included here and directly make your metal part from it!!! You can do the same thing for an entire rack-mount chassis if you want to.

The actual 3D CAD-design file of the above image is attached to this message, but due to limitations of this forum, I had to rename the file extension in order to attach it here. So, all ya gotta do is rename the attached file > API -- 500-Series EQ Front-Panel - SolidWorks CAD-File.pdf < to finally read as the following >> API -- 500-Series EQ Front-Panel - SolidWorks CAD-File.sldprt << and that is the file you can send to your sheet-metal shop if they happen to accept these types of files.

GOOD LUCK!!!

/
Thank you so much, this is valuable stuff! I will speak to manufacturer in the UK and see what they prefer. Thanks again everyone

Thank you so much, this is valuable stuff! I will speak to manufacturer in the UK and see what they prefer. Thanks again everyone
So.....how did everything turn out? Were you able to find a sheet-metal shop that could accept my SolidWorks file? Most of the U.S.-based sheet-metal shops all can accept SolidWorks files, but I have no idea what the rest-of-the-world is capable of accepting. What part of Planet Earth do you reside in?

Let me know how things turned out for you, OK??? I would like to know if my SolidWorks file and the drawing I had created for you had any use and/or value in getting your project completed. THANKS!!!

/

So.....how did everything turn out? Were you able to find a sheet-metal shop that could accept my SolidWorks file? Most of the U.S.-based sheet-metal shops all can accept SolidWorks files, but I have no idea what the rest-of-the-world is capable of accepting. What part of Planet Earth do you reside in?

Let me know how things turned out for you, OK??? I would like to know if my SolidWorks file and the drawing I had created for you had any use and/or value in getting your project completed. THANKS!!!

/
Hi! Actually I have spent so long building a GSSL that I've only just got round to looking at this again and realised the wealth of information you uploaded, I am truly grateful! I managed to open the sldprt file in a viewer so that should be perfect for sendiong off. I am workign on doing my own graphics and once I have sent to manufacturer I will upload pictures. Thanks again! :)

Well there you go then!
Thanks MA
[Thanks MA] -- HEY!!!.....I didn't mean to possibly come across as "knocking" your drawing!!! At least you had "something" that the OP needed, whereas I didn't have a clue of what the dimensions are/were for this front-panel design. So.....there's that!!!

In any case.....practically all of the members on this forum who post mechanical drawings of panels and parts actually have -- no clue -- as to HOW to properly create a mechanical detail drawing that a machine shop can easily understand. It is a very similar situation with all of the GERBER files that I see on here. Everyone who designs a PCB and then generates a set of GERBER and N/C Drill data files really have -- NO IDEA -- of what "garbage" their files really are!!! SURE!!! They get their PCB's back and "everything is fine", but.....they have no idea of -- HOW MUCH TROUBLE -- the PCB-fabrication shop had to go through in order to correct all of the inherent errors within the original GERBER files just so their PCB's end up as "everything is fine"!!!

In the mechanical design world, there are methods/standards/techniques used to properly draw drawings and those formats and "language" is what a sheet-metal shop is expecting to see. So, all I have done is to take your basic mechanical "information" and reformat it into a form and "language" that a sheet-metal shop is expecting to see. So.....for THAT!!!.....I "THANK YOU"!!!

/

Latest posts

Back