Need help to identify this preamp board

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilfungo

Hi
I'm searching info about this mic preamp board
schematic, pin connections...
Ifound some picture on the Net and they seem CHILTON?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220222_205638.jpg
    20220222_205638.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 20220222_205646.jpg
    20220222_205646.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 20220222_210100.jpg
    20220222_210100.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 101
Looks like nice Sowter input transformers! Could possibly be from a Chilton console, see if they match the attached schematic.

Attachments

• Pages from CHILTON MK10 Brochure + Schem.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 52
The schematic seems correct!
I've added wiring connections, could someone tell me if them are correct?
Where connect the 10k GAIN pot?
Thanks!!!

Attachments

• aaachilton wiring .jpg
    aaachilton wiring .jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 97
From that schematic it looks like the card can either be configured as a line amp or a mic amp, and the mic amp can be modified to reduce from 40 to 25 dB by changing the listed resistors.
I don't see anything about a 10k gain pot
I would try it as a fixed gain mic amp with an attenuator (fader) on the outputs.

ok thanks!!!
this circuit can drive directly an output transformer or I need another stage to drive it?

could something like this work to drive 600 ohm transformer?
Thanks!

Attachments

• chilton preamp with output transforme .jpg
    chilton preamp with output transforme .jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 66
I have that mixer. I have hand drawn schematics somewhere, I can check them out if you need more info. Gain pot is 22k on mine and there is a line amp card to drive the transformers.

I have that mixer. I have hand drawn schematics somewhere, I can check them out if you need more info. Gain pot is 22k on mine and there is a line amp card to drive the transformers.
[I have hand drawn schematics somewhere] -- Should you believe that your hand-drawn schematics are truly accurate in their representation and are clear enough to be easily read and interpreted when viewed, then send me a clear copy of what you have and any other associated and/or related material and I will go ahead and create a set of CAD-generated schematic copies of your schematic information so others can use them as needed. Sound like a plan???

PLUS!!!.....if anyone like -- mjrippe -- is able to provide me with any updated and/or improved circuit changes to the original set of schematics, then by all means "chime-in" and let me know what could make this circuit better and/or more operational. Team effort.

I'm....."Standing By".....

/

Apparently I stopped drawing the schematics at the mix module... But I can draw it out sometime next week. There is a unknown component (black with twirly leads... a thermistor?), if someone can point out what it is. I found a PDF manual for the M10 with almost all the schematics... except the line amp... (there is some kind of universal amplifier module at the end). I sent it to be posted in the document forum. I had 3 of these M series mixer a one point and they all had different revisions and mods. This one is LA2c.

Attachments

• LA2c_front.JPG
    LA2c_front.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 26
  • LA2c_detail.JPG
    LA2c_detail.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 31
Twirly leads could be an inductor? The universal amp with output transformer would be a good output stage choice.

Attachments

• Page 24 from CHILTON MK10 Manual.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 15
Schematic for the line amp. I've tripled checked to make sure it's right, but I've got a teething toddler... I forget things...

Attachments

• ChiltonLA2c_sch.png
    ChiltonLA2c_sch.png
    292 KB · Views: 14
  • Chilton_la2c_pcb_1.jpg
    Chilton_la2c_pcb_1.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 16
Back