Need some input on compressor, eq and filter schematic.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Criss

Hi everyone.
I'm currently in the concept phase of my dream saturation/distortion unit. I'm planning on running it for line level and it should consist of some level and tone shaping before a distortion part and then followed by another tone shaping part.

I mainly looking now for some input of possibilities for compressor and equalizer circuits to use.

Thanks in advance.

There are tons of schematics and projects here on the forum, dive in and check them out. It depends on what you want/need, you can go SS or VT, it all depends on what you want. Your question is extremely broad, so maybe star by narrowing it down to something more tangible.

There are tons of schematics and projects here on the forum, dive in and check them out. It depends on what you want/need, you can go SS or VT, it all depends on what you want. Your question is extremely broad, so maybe star by narrowing it down to something more tangible.

Thanks. I don't know where to start. maybe something more simple and dirty since it's gonna be a colour unit.

A first step would be to listen to as many different SKUs as you can find to narrow down a target sound to pursue.

Trying to design a circuit before you know what you want the outcome to be is unlikely to be productive.

JR
Atm I try to get an overview what's eventually worth looking into. I know about all the big studio comps and maybe I'm overlooking a gem.

Back