Need source for Bourns 500k reverse audio taper pot or good substitute

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjrippe

GDIY Supporter
I have searched all over the web for a replacement pot for the "Air" band of a Nightpro EQ3-D.  The original pot is a Bourns "91C1D-D20-T23L" which is a 500k reverse audio taper pot with a 1/4" bushing and an 1/8" x 5/8" shaft.  I contacted Bourns and none of their distributors have any stock.  The only Google hit was a company in England that sells by the 1000's.  Nothing at Digi-Key, Mouser, or Newark.  In fact nobody has anything compatible in stock.

I don't care if it's not PC mount and I am ok with drilling out the holes for a larger bushing and shaft, but the body of the pot still has to be no more than 5/8".  Also the shaft length is important (lol).  Any suggestions or sources would be appreciated.

Mike

Ah - I see.

Maybe try asking the good people at audiomaintenance.com - they can often dig up obscure stuff, and have a good selection of sfernice post..?

Jakob E.

So I received the pots from ebay seller "mallinson-electrical".  They were very professional and shipped them very quickly.  They are Alps 500K reverse log and they JUST fit into the EQ3-D.  The pin spacing was different so I had to install the pot with the pins up and wires running to the pcb pads.  Once that was done, I tested the EQ and all was well!  The pot shaft was a bit shorter but I was able to find a knob that grabbed it OK (from an old Tascam 4 track  :p). 

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, I will certainly use those links in the future.

Latest posts

Back