Need To Hire Someone For Basic Prototype

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cianuro

Hi guys,
Hope this fits here.

I'm looking to get some ballpark pricing numbers for a pretty basic prototype.
I'm looking for the price from start to finish, design to production.

Essentially, it's a pretty simple device that receives a wireless (2G/3G, WiFi or even SMS) signal and it initiates a servo motor.
The point of this device is to essentially press a button/flip a switch on a device that cannot be remotely controlled and there is no future plans to. The prototype will be mounted on this device manually. It needs to turn flip the switch off AND flip the switch back on again. The catch is that it's the type of switch you'd find in your fuse box. So what I'm looking to do is get a wireless device built into a nice little box that will press a switch down and then back up again. Again, think of something that could remotely flip the main fuse in your fuse box off and then back on again.

The device must be a single unit. It cannot be two separate "pieces" for the on and off function and the device needs to be portable (no installation, just stick or screw on in the vicinity of the switch. Needs to be as small as possible too and enclosed.

Another caveat is that this will be used semi-underground so signal will be difficult. I'll need advice on that aspect too (setting up relays or using a specific type of radio etc.)

A second phase of this will be a smaller, mountable "button pusher" that can be remotely activated (think pushing an elevator button). There's devices out there that do this but not very well. I'm guessing that this can be done with an Arduino, some connectivity hats and a servo & controller. However, I'm not sure and would like someone who knows what they're doing to see this through. 

Looking to speak with any interested individuals so I can ascertain budget. Happy to pay a small consulting fee to work out the details required to get a proper quote as I'm sure the description I just gave was way too vague and doesn't contain vital info (like torque required etc.)

Please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide that can make things easier.
Thanks!

Back