need to know if anyone here can draw a schematic for the nady trm6.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashlamp

need to know if anyone here can draw a schematic for the nady trm6.
or need to know if one of the wires is soldered corectly to the 7 pin socket to xlr male jack.

here are 2 pictures from soldering.   
see attached

if anyone here owns the nady tube ribbon trm6 and draw a electrical schematic that would be of great help. I had written to nady they were unable to help me.

regards

james

heres one pic see attached. of the tube socket.

Attachments

• socketpic1.jpeg
    socketpic1.jpeg
    454.2 KB · Views: 23
the 2nd pic of the socket after soldering the black wire back to the 12ax7 socket.

mic still dont work. also quick note a transformer was wobbly on the main board i managed to reattach successfully it has extreamly hard.  now i can hear the tube in the socket through the head phones if i take the 12ax7 out and insert back in. there is no audio signal though. only atleast no audio pickup of the room. there is some hiss from the tube. i think.

Attachments

• socket-pic2.jpg
    socket-pic2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Maybe if you can post a diagram of the 12AX pin out and where your wires are connected to it, someone can see any obvious error. You may need to poke around and get some voltage readings.

Or someone with some familiarity may jump in and you won't have to.....

pucho812 said:
The trm6 is a ribbon mic.
Are you certain the ribbon is ok?

Did the mic ever work?

yes it worked ive owned it since 2018. i was able to see the the ribbon through the gril looked intact. does anyone have schematic even a hand drawn.  one a transformer became disconected from the mainboard  we need a schematic. i contacted nady they said the dont support the trm6 and wont send me one.
james

flashlamp said:
yes it worked ive owned it since 2018. i was able to see the the ribbon through the gril looked intact. does anyone have schematic even a hand drawn.  one a transformer became disconected from the mainboard  we need a schematic. i contacted nady they said the dont support the trm6 and wont send me one.
james

Wow... it’s getting harder and harder to get any help from any company. 
I did some searching online and hard to find internal photos either.  :(

https://reverb.com/item/9230388-nady-trm-6

this old listing has some internal photos. but i could not quite tell from them

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 17
here's a enlargement i did in gimp , of the socket from the one pics on that old listing.

Attachments

• englargedphoto.png
    englargedphoto.png
    627.8 KB · Views: 21
Im trying to figure the socket wiring, those were the only images i could find of the inside of the mic.

flashlamp said:
i contacted nady they said the dont support the trm6 and wont send me one.

I hate when companies don't help you out with the schematics for repairs.
Some years ago I had a 50/50 chance when I contacted the company, but that percentage seems to be much smaller nowdays.
Some companies I contacted even reply to me saying "The schematic doesn't exist". Really? How can that be possible.

You have 2 options, one is trying to find someone that has that mic, might not be easy because it's not a popular mic, and ask them to take some internal photos.

The other option, and I think it's the best bet for you is to reverse engineer the circuit and draw the schematic as is, and with that sketch we could help you out with the missing links.
Being a tube circuit the schematic will be pretty simple and easy to reverse engineer

Whoops said:
Some companies I contacted even reply to me saying "The schematic doesn't exist". Really? How can that be possible.

Simple really. The company may have contracted a third party to handle everything and they just stamp their logo on it and sell it. They also may have done a revision change and not documented it.  It's easy to have that stuff lost in the shuffle if  you have personal changes and do not pay attention.

a lifetime guarantee is only good for the lifetime of a profitable company.

Many consumer brands have changed hands multiple times and the person who originally sold your broken SKU is nowhere to be found. You can't get blood from a stone.

JR

im going to try draw a schematic with what i have i wont know the values of each component then but i could check them with the amprobe. i will post the hand drawn schematic so if any of you can trace the problem.

If you don't find anyone that has the same mic that is willing to open it and take pictuires then that's really the best option.

Trace the circuit "as is" and publish it here

Nady is a pretty low quality company.
When they made wireless units for guitar they were the absolute cheapest, worst performing units on the market.
Back then I was a live sound engineer, I would beg and plead with guitarists not to use them. It was almost certainly going to cause a noise/interference problem at the show. At the very least it would chatter like crazy.
Later after they got into stuff besides wireless it pretty much just became a re-branding importer. Pretty sure almost everything they have sold in the last 20 years can be found on Aliexpress or Bangood with a slight upcharge for your own logo.
You best bet is tracking down the OEM in China who made it.

I will add-in my 2-cents worth about you getting a schematic for this mic that will probably go over like a lead-balloon here in this thread!!!

Depending upon whether or not you are here in the U.S. or not, you could ship your mic to me and I could "Reverse-Engineer" the insides of your mic and draw up a schematic and create some other documentation for you as well. In my "real job", I have "Reverse-Engineered" PCB's ranging from a 1974 API mixing console and the 1968 ALLISON Research "Gain-Brain's" to PCB's designed in 1979 that were used in fighter jets needed by a defense contractor who lost the schematics of their circuit boards. So, I - think - I might be able to handle a single vacuum-tube microphone "Reverse-Engineer" project.

Here-at-home I have the full-blown CADENCE/OrCAD "PCB Editor" Release 17.4 Schematic & PCB Design software ($3,000+) suite and I could help you out by not only coming up with a schematic, but also re-create the PCB layout, although that probably doesn't need to be done. I also have the SolidWorks Premium 2021 3D Mechanical Design software ($7,000+) that can be used to create the mechanical design of any 3D CAD-models of the mic. And, I mention the pricing of my software - NOT - to brag or anything like that, but to only inform you that I don't work with any of the - FREE - CAD software that is so commonly prevalent on this board. I perform mechanical and PCB designs for aerospace/avionics companies, defense contractors, medical electronics firms, R&D laboratories and others and I need to use the same high-end industry standard CAD-design software as those types of companies use. Just sayin'.....

Audio-wise, I have a ROYER SF-12 Stereo Ribbon Microphone and a stereo-pair of CASCADE "Fat-Head" Ribbon Microphones. Long ago, I once owned a B&O "BM-5" Stereo Ribbon Microphone, so.....as one ribbon-microphone lover/user to another.....I'll help ya out, if ya wanna!!!

/

Latest posts

Back