need to know if anyone here can draw a schematic for the nady trm6.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i could not find a tiny cad image of a 12ax7 socket so printed it out drew the connections labeled everything and also printed my schematic i tried to label the socket by color code.

Attachments

• schematicwithtubesocket.pdf_20210601_0002.pdf
    251.8 KB · Views: 7
it's pin 2 i cant tell if it's correct on the 12ax7 socket the rest of the wires just go tothe 7pin xlr that dont go to the socket. also please excuse my messy hand writing.

heres a jpeg of with the schematic with tube socket , also the 12ax7 pinout based on where the wires were going to the 12ax7 socket..

Attachments

• schematic.jpg
    schematic.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 13
heres with full color code, Im wondering if the white wire is really the center tap or there are several connections that i will need to test with my digital multimeter

Attachments

• schematicwithtubesocketcolorcoded_.jpg
    schematicwithtubesocketcolorcoded_.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 12
You might want to re-check your schematic.

Are you 10000% sure you counted the tube socket pins the right way? I'm thinking the datasheet should mention if the pinout is viewed from the top of the tube or the bottom.

What would be the point of one side of one of the transformers being 1) shorted out, and 2) also having a resistor in parallel with the shorted connection?

And where do the 7 wires from the xlr connect to?

Only Golden Age mic I see a drawing for is their condenser TC-1

It does have the 7pin power supply and a 12ax7 though unrelated to your mic....Maybe you can get some direction from that anyway...
... Wouldn't be the worst idea to see what voltages are going where from the power pins. You could even start to make sure heater voltages are getting to the tube for example.......

Keep at it....

I sent my first drawing to PRR to try to decipher..

He was actually quite easy on me... it was, I think he called a puzzle he couldn't understand....lol

I sent my first drawing to PRR to try to decipher..

He was actually quite easy on me... it was, I think he called a puzzle he couldn't understand....lol

;)

Really miss the times when PRR was around...

I'm not too nostalgic, but thats a good reason to say, "Back in the Day (when PRR was around) it was better"

Back