• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Neumann 47 Capsules for sale

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roadkillralph said:
I still don't know what an "official certificate" is. I've purchased many microphones and never received one.  ;)
As I wrote earlier, an invoice is an official statement that th eproduct is exactly what it is supposed to be, with a chain of duty that goes from the manufacturer via the distributor and to the seller. An invoice IS a certificate.
If it's important to you to receive a receipt from the manufacturer when you purchase an item, maybe you should buy a capsule directly from Neumann?
It is your choice to try to sell your capsules via this group, so please allow other members of this group to decide where and from whom they may buy.

Perfectly willing to let other people decide where and from whom they purchase their items. I'm just not comfortable with a member who self-admittedly is "not familiar with Neumann capsules" using the number of posts I have as a determining factor to decide  the authenticity of the product I'm selling and publicly commenting on it.

roadkillralph said:
Perfectly willing to let other people decide where and from whom they purchase their items. I'm just not comfortable with a member who self-admittedly is "not familiar with Neumann capsules" using the number of posts I have as a determining factor to decide  the authenticity of the product I'm selling and publicly commenting on it.

Well actually it is not the number of posts but the missing information you can provide on your capsules. I doubt you would buy anything if you were not able to gather any information on what you buy. Especially nowadays when fake products are spread all over the world and easy to sell.

Unfortunately as I stated, I am not a vendor and don't have receipts. I understand that criticism, but if you are knowledgable about capsules, the pics clearly are Neumann. I juat would not publicly discredit a person on a topic I wasn't familiar with based on their post number, that's all. 

Just my $0.02, but for that kind of $$$ I would rather support a "local" artisan capsule maker. YMMV.
Best,
Bruno2000

stop talking like this is something about me and you

i only stated obvious concerns that probably all of us thought when after seeing your post

if you don't know where the word "forum" comes from then google it and start understanding how things work around here

if you have a problem with answering legit questions and not accepting doubts that come from common sense, then in my humble opinion you should be looking for a different kind of place to doing your business, where you can have your own rules

roadkillralph said:
Unfortunately as I stated, I am not a vendor and don't have receipts.
Let's not play on words; since you offer products for sale, you ARE a seller. Whatever your concept of commerce /trading, by offering products for sale, you are submitting yourself to scrutiny. I understand you're not a merchant, but this is no excuse for not having invoices for the mics from which you have extracted the capsules. You should have the invoices from the seller/vendor of the mics. You should understand that claiming you don't have these invoices opens all sorts of suspicions (not authentic, stolen...).
I guess if you saw a Rolex on offer, you would want some document that proves authenticity, like an invoice...
  if you are knowledgable about capsules, the pics clearly are Neumann.
Nothing looks more like a Neumann capsule than a counterfeit Neumann capsule. The differences are more subtle (metallization, tension, tolerances...).
I juat would not publicly discredit a person on a topic I wasn't familiar with based on their post number, that's all.
I don't think anybody discredited you. You are not known on this group, it's only legitimate that potential buyers ask for additional information. Your elusive (and not very convincing) answers have done nothing to comfort the concerns of a potential buyer.
Your stubbornness results in making you lose any chance of selling your items. Your loss...

Roadkill.... I think you need to understand that there have been some problems here in the past with dishonest sellers....

It may help if you detail how you aquired these, specifically... Any pics if the modded mics? Do you still have them?  What capsules did you use to replace these?  I find it curious that one would replace the capsule on this mic, as the capsule and body represent most of the value of the mic.

At any rate, I think the more info you can offer, the better, even if it seems silly to you.

roadkillralph said:
Unfortunately as I stated, I am not a vendor and don't have receipts. I understand that criticism, but if you are knowledgable about capsules, the pics clearly are Neumann. I juat would not publicly discredit a person on a topic I wasn't familiar with based on their post number, that's all.
You, personally, are not being discredited. A more-or-less anonymous seller with no track record here who so far refuses to provide sufficient information about products for sale at a distance is being flagged as a risky proposition.

I have a small supply of Neumann 47 capsules. The capsules are like new, or lightly used, removed from working mint Neumann microphones during mic modding.

The above highlighted quote sends off red-flags for this group...no one is disputing the information, we just would like clarification on the information posted...you suggest that im modding perfectly operating and mint condition Neumann Mics you have ended up with numerous capsules that are now available...now this forum is a sort of DIY modding kind of hangout, pretty much everyone here has modded something to some degree, but I doubt very many have felt the need to mod a "mint condition" Neumann microphone and now have leftover critical path parts laying around...so obviously the questions are why mod? what mod? is there something worth modding in a mint condition expensive microphone...your failure to address these kinds of questions is like walking into a local bar and telling everyone you know stuff about the locals that no one else knows...the fact that you have THE MOST CRITICAL part of the microphone left over and claim there is nothing wrong with it suggest either a lack of understanding the mic or something else...we just want to know and of course the legitimacy of the capsules is critical to their sale as well as the actual integrity of the product...

So lay it on us, what did you mod and why?

Roadkill, man, it's been stated. We're just a bunch of guys who like to make stuff, and when we buy from someone in the group we like to feel like A) We're getting a good deal and; B) we can trust the person and the product we're buying. It's all about relationships man.

In a world filled with counterfeits easily made in China, it's more than fair and legitimate to ask why you have removed the heart of a great microphone and are selling it separately from the mics from which they were taken. The capsule is not normally something that is "extra" or "leftover" on a premium microphone - why in the world would you remove the capsule and presumably feel you have replaced it with something better? Many would say there are no better capsules than Neumann caps.

Anyway man, you are welcome here, please don't take offense. Better pix, better explanation, and willingness to be open about what's going on here will go a long way for you.

Best,

Mike

Back