KM84 DIY Body & PCB kit – CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me, and you can order a pcb on any resource such as OSH Park or buy gerber to order on jlcpcb.

The PCBs for this kit are only available as a part of this kit, which is what makes it such a WONDERFUL combo deal. :)

Not to mention the high-quality Maiku capsule, which should (?) get you closer to a flat, true KM84 sound over the MXL capsules. And a brass body that fits Graeme's PCB perfectly. This should be a no-brainer kit purchase, funds permitting. :)

The circuit is pretty simple, and almost all of the km84 clones Ive seen have a similar layout. Its a great learning experience to lay one out yourself, pick the symbols and footprints, and get it made. The patent is expired, the mic sounds great, I really think that you should try to lay it out in software and get 5 made. Its a university course for $6
Wrong forum:oops:

Heya! I just heard about these little beauties. Any way I can get on a list to order a pair when the next batch gets made (if that's the case)?

Can the MKS0D031000C00KSSD be replaced with another capacitor? They won't be available in mouser-EU until October.

My mods 'guru' said this:
"No I got that you have the 63V poly caps (I have the WIMAs in 63V). However 63 V film caps use VERY thin film and I try to avoid using them for anything higher voltage than about 12V. I think I would use 100V min for reliability. I would use the C0G in a heartbeat for this application. Better dialectric." --and--
"TDK FA16C0G2A104JRU06 2.5mm" --and--
"I'm proposing very low leakage capacitors here due to very high impedances involved with this bias circuit for the capsule."

Back