KM84 DIY Body & PCB kit – CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
580-MHR0317SA108F70 is too big. You'll have problems making it fit.

588-MOX-200001007JE is same size.

I am having a super hard time sourcing 1 G ohm resistors at a decent price in France / Europe. Anybody has some in spare , or ideas where I could get them ?

588-MOX-200001007JE from Mouser is 5,3euros a piece + 20e shipping so that's 47 euros for 4 resistors !

I got a cheap wooden box and filled it with foam (I cut the mic shapes out of the foam) and covered with fabric. I don't think in total it was cheaper than the Pelican case but I also needed to get the 141s into a box so the extra space was nice. Wooden Box.jpg

???

Chinese copy case is €48 shipped ($57)

Pelican 1120 is $35 with free shipping

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/150614-REG/Pelican_1120_000_110_1120_Case_with_Foam.html

They are not the same size, the Pelican you posted is much smaller than the one I posted, so it depends of the dimension the user needs.
There's also smaller Chinese copies for much less than the Pelican.

But Pelican is great of course, I think it's a great advice.

Also the shipping costs depends on seller, I just used that link but there's other sellers selling the same product with much cheaper shipping costs.

Best Regards

580-MHR0317SA108F70 is too big. You'll have problems making it fit.

588-MOX-200001007JE is same size.
Actually, these big 1gig resistors fit properly if you use just one stand-off on the right, and « float » the 1gig resistor on the left with the gate.

Attachments

• 9E3CB674-10C9-4EF9-BB52-5AD606368AE0.jpeg
    9E3CB674-10C9-4EF9-BB52-5AD606368AE0.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 41
I have a question that I suspect will out me as the mic novice that I am. 😅 I haven't yet biased the FETs in my pair, but I have watched through the video suggested in the guide. I do not have bench testing equipment -- I typically use my interface and DAW for tone generation / meters / etc. It seems simple enough to do that here as well, except that I'm wondering if a line out from my interface would cause problems in the measurements due to mismatched impedance... I know that mic output impedance is quite low, but I don't know what injecting a line level signal in would do. Or perhaps I'm overthinking it.

Also, I've got a TS-to-alligator clip cable. Would this work here, assuming that the above is not a concern? Or would I need to figure out something with a TRS connection?

Also, still no word from the powder coating shop. I'm too impatient. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back