Neumann KM86 pattern switch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drpat

I have a KM86 that has a broken pattern switch. The wiper (common) contact is missing. It was like this when I got the mic, so, unless I rewire it, it only is capable of cardioid.

I am trying to devise a fix for the mic, but I have no idea of what the original wiper piece looks like. Does anybody have a picture of a functioning KM86 pattern switch that they can post, so I can have the wiper piece fabricated? I'm also interested in any other work-arounds or insight that anybody might have.

Thanks. The Sennheiser website's contact form seems to be defective. Would you happen to have have a contact number or email for Bruce Gentry?

I have repaired several KM86i, their switch design is very precise, if the switch or the pin is damaged, because of the lack of accessories, you can only contact Sennheiser service for repair, and the price will not be cheap, I don’t know which part you are referring to, I can Take pictures of you alone.

Attachments

• KM86I a.jpg
    KM86I a.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 1
  • KM86I aa.jpg
    KM86I aa.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 0
  • KM86I B.jpg
    KM86I B.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 1
  • KM86I C.jpg
    KM86I C.jpg