Neumann PSVe - quick question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamasnan

Hi all, I will be getting a Neumann PSVe soon - it's a  0Ω summing amp that predates the 475. (it's my first summing amp)

Attached is the data page (I believe this is also in tech docs area too)

Am I safe to assume that the table of values handwritten below are for the series resistors on inputs, and the unit has a fixed make-up gain of 34db? Is this the same of the 475-2?

Thanks!! I am building a little Neumann mixer/thing

Attachments

• PSVE data.pdf
    364.9 KB · Views: 14
No, this is a current-input module - your gain depends on the (two, external) mixing resistors you apply.

As the data sheet says: two 5K1 resistors will give you 0dB gain, unity - and two 100R resistors will give you 34dB

..measured from before mix-resistors to output of PSV

/Jakob E.

Hey Adam - its like the v475 except there is gain available on the inputs. If you use the 5.1k resistors on the front end it will be just the same except it sounds better ( i have 3 psve's ). You can add gain by reducing the input impedance down to 200  ohms - you do this by changing the resistors on the input or by a pot across + and - . I tested  a dynamic mic ages ago on the 200 ohms( 100 ohms each leg ) and it worked sounded good but fixed gain (34db ) not
much  use in reality. I use at 5.1k ( 10k ) line level now - i found for line level sources 10k to 5k input impedance works well ( for 50ohm sources ) you get about 16db of gain.

Latest posts

Back