Neumann PSVe?? V475ish

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradzatitagain

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7393725415&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D7393725415%26fvi%3D1

Babelfish doesn't help much, it's described as an active mixer. See plenty of PV stuff on Kubi's scheemo list, no PS... Seller hasn't answered my query yet.

If it is a mixer are the filters on this one as easy to yank as the ones on the V475's?

No reply from the seller yet. I'm intrigued enough to get it w/out one.

Are those your Filtek compressors for sale this week Volker? I've never heard one, do they favorably compare to the Neumanns?

This is not a summing amplifier. He sais it's an 'Ausgleichsverstärker', I interpret this as a line amplifier, perhaps to match -10 to +4dBu.

Michael

Edit: I didn't read it all, it is a summing amplifier, the word 'Ausgleichsverstärker' mislead me...

Good luck!

the 'Ausgleichsverstärker' from the P-Series was the PV46D.
anyway, I found nothing for PSVe ...

Yes, the Filteks this week are mine.
I was told from some old engineers at work they prefered them for music over the Neumanns, but I don't know - haven't worked with them yet.
I sell them to finance some racks for the others I have.

Ive got the PSVE schematics and some application notes - i'll get them scanned for people. Basically its a 0 ohm bus(summing) amplifier up to 50 inputs and up to 36db gain on each input depending on the series resistors. I ve tested mine quickly with 3 inputs @ 0 gain and it sounds good :thumb: ,' fatter ' than the v475 2b but I havent sussed the lp filter so not quite the top end at the moment.

[quote author="dolo72"]Ive got the PSVE schematics and some application notes - i'll get them scanned for people.[/quote]
this would be great :thumb:
if you need some webspace for hosting let me know.

I'll get them scanned tomorrow - i'll get in touch when I have the files will need a host :thumb: thanks for the offer

Hi, for those of you who didnt know yet:

these thingies cost only EUR 25,- (excl.) at schmitronic.de
Ive seen them going for much more on ebay....

[quote author="okailla"]Hi, for those of you who didnt know yet:

these thingies cost only EUR 25,- (excl.) at schmitronic.de
Ive seen them going for much more on ebay....[/quote]

Klaus has PSVb's at present. If anyone has scheemos for this version let me know.

schmitronic also has V672 for ~€76 netto, thats quite a bit less then the usual ebay price IIRC. Too bad i can't really afford buying a few of those....

;Matthias

Have the PSVe schems scanned. I've mailed silent arts so he can host them.

I think the PSVb is an <46db gain line amp which was used in the Neumann mastering consoles and just single channel. You could use it as a summing amp but I dont think its a 0 ohm summer like the PSVe.

Latest posts

Back