Neumann SM69 Fet spare part needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaren

Hi everyone,

I've got a bit of a problem that I thought I'd pick your collective minds about.

I was just about to sell my Neumann SM69 Fet and opened up the capsule basket to take some pictures of the capsules at the request of a buyer. This in itself is problematic since it turns out it's very hard to close it again but that's not the main issue.

It turns out that the white plastic ring/disc that sits in between the 2 capsules to increase the stability (I assume that's why) is missing. I've never opened it before so must have been removed before I bought it.

Sennheiser UK (Neumann Germany forwarded me to them since I'm in the UK) are saying that the whole capsule has to be changed at the prize of about £1000 which seems silly since the capsules are fine and were just reskinned by Thiersch and were sounding great.

Does anyone happen to have this part or know of a place to inquire?
If I can find someone in London who has one I could get a 3d printed copy If I
couldn't find someone to sell me one.

Appreciate the help!
Big thanks
Martin

Attachments

• Missing part sm69fet.jpg
    Missing part sm69fet.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 40
Are you sure they were there in the first place? Neumann changed capsule surroundings on various models without notice. Like foam at the bottom of u87 grille, under the capsule. It was discarded at some point, as it was flaking.

I wouldn't personally sweat it, as the mic probably sounds better without those in place (less reflections). But this is a minute difference anyway.

Update:
Its missing on this one  as well.

http://cdn.recordinghacks.com/images//mic_extras/neumann/SM69-capsules.jpg

Thanks for your reply.

I got the advice from Klause Heyne to contact Neumann about replacement parts for the USM69 which would work for the SM69 fet. The part itself is apparently there to help isolate the 2 capsules from one another and also to increase stability.

Let's see if Neumann themselves can save the day

Latest posts

Back