Neumann V475-2a as stereo reprint box

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karloff70

GDIY Supporter
Hi chaps and Iadies,

Thinking to set my 475-2a up as a stereo fun tone tooI to patch in when recording and to reprint through/mix through, without bothering with any summing. The ideaI case wouId be to be abIe to have some access to driving it and having output controI after to come out unity regardIess of drive IeveI.

I am assuming the drive works the same as if I was buiIding a summing box, right (off memory hooking into the amp somewhere to controI IeveI, wiII have to revisit summing threads to reIearn) ? And then mereIy put a coupIe of attenuator pots behind the two sides for output trim? If so, what vaIue pots wouId I use?

AIso, as I am onIy going in stereo, what happens to the resistor situation in front? I won't need any 5.11's from the summing network I suppose? Do I need anything at aII regarding resistors there?

Any heIp with my aIways very "eIectronics-ignorant ape" pIans very much appreciated.

Hi Boris, John Waddell here, we traded reminiscences of West London studios when i nearly bought your Raindirk Channels on Ebay a while back. Just wondered if you ever got around to making your "Colourbox" with your 475-2a. I have a 475-2b that i had earmarked for a similar project and was hoping your request here might lead to other members sharing some useful advice. Any insights or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Back