Neumann W492 equalizer DIY project (PCB docs added)

Help Support GroupDIY:

frejo89

Its been a while since i built mine so i might be wrong but i think maybe you have your pots mounted to the wrong side of the circuit board

Edit - Forget that, i just checked my build and yours look to be oriented correctly.
Yes. Maybe I got the wrong value at the PT2 and PT3. Otherwise I will have to Change the left and Right connections of the pots for the Mix Ranges. But it would be a Strange reason, there must be another one

dario84

frejo89

Oh nooooo! Thanks for this hint. Stupid, that I did not recognize, that it is such a simple thing. Thats very clear, ty for that!

emx

Are the enclosures still available anywhere for this project? I did the pcb and parts years ago, stuck it in storage as I was moving and never completed it. I found one place in Germany but was wondering if there was anything closer or more options in general.

JMan

I assume the “one place in Germany” you found is Frank at frontpanels.de, who I think is most people’s go-to for this and many other projects. I don’t think there are any other ready-made front panels for this project, but if you want to go with something in the states, you can use the .fpd file in the project docs and get the panel (and if you want, an accompanying enclosure) made by Front Panel Express. If you get a pre-fab enclosure separately from another supplier (like collective cases), just make sure your mounting holes in the front panel files match the enclosure.

z11111

I have a spare one or two pseudo aluminum control "front panels" I made for the Creative Clowns version if that is what you built out. I don't think it is the same as the original.

Attachments

• IMG_2562.JPG
    IMG_2562.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 33