neutrik A1 worth buying

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashkato

i could buy a neutrik A1 for relative little money .
would be my first hardware analyzer .
you think its still worth spending money on these and i know they´re not supported anymore.
furthermore the seller is selling as defective and as is because of a non functioning display.
there ´s a DOS Gui for these via rs232 , right ?
thanks for your input .

The main problem with A1 is it output, that is actually balanced but not floating. It is cause for many erroneous measurements, particularly when in a hurry or not fully awake. :)
The DOS software was not very good either.
Who has a PC with RS32 today?

Hello nashkato. I also thought about this offer. but replacing display and reading some specs keeped me of. For shure a good and compact measuring system but for my opinion a good quality modern soundcard has better noisefloor and needs no effort for searching and the time for replacing the display.

If everything else is working, then I've got the AS04 software, then OK.
BUT, not only RS232 but XP only. Does not work on Win7 or more. Not happy with USB-RS232 adapter, either.
Also, if the RS232 is not set from the A1 itself, I wonder if the comms will establish a connection...........
On the other hand, it is a dedicated unit which does the job. Measures noise correctly, does SMPTE IMD correctly.

Mhm, I have the AS04 Software running under WIN7 with a USB-RS232 adapter (with my A2D).
(I can remember it was tricky to do, but it works)
I put it on a Win7 laptop that went bananas on reboot! Never got as far as trying to use it properly.
Perhaps I should try again.
But going back to whether to buy or not. Really depends on the price. I've had mine for over 20 years and it does what I want it to do with the consoles I've looked after.

yes , thank you !
I also decided not to go for it .
as versa mentioned the display doesn´t work anymore , i haven´t looked around if replacements are available if needed and it´s 300€ .

i´m gonna have a try on setting up a software solution with ADDA
(too much of those laying around anyways) .
Still , i imagine that a compact and single unit would be a way better solution than having to find place , or carrying around , an interface laptop , mouse ,powersupplies , and what else ...

i could buy a neutrik A1 for relative little money .
would be my first hardware analyzer .
you think its still worth spending money on these and i know they´re not supported anymore.
furthermore the seller is selling as defective and as is because of a non functioning display.
there ´s a DOS Gui for these via rs232 , right ?
thanks for your input .
if i could i would do i it... i've tested amp's, comp's e.d. with it. this thanks to a friend of mine. for me the logging is/wasn't a issue. but the sweep functionality is/was more important. so form my point of view: do it....

Latest posts

Back