NEVE 1073 - B cards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sasarist

They are identical to vintage ones , 2oz copper thicknes ,goldplated edge traces.I also sometimes have some assembled , with mustard and tropical fish caps....for that ones , please PM me.
10 eur for one card
50eur for 1073 set

anmvsp.jpg

3480hf5.jpg

2lsf7yo.jpg

saxmonster said:
What do these do?  Will they work with colin's 1073?
They are identical to the ones which can be find in vintage Neve 1073, fit Bae , Heritage Audio ....main diference is in capacitors , i try to spot NOS mustard and tropical fish , which are used in vintage units.
.....must check Colin s 1073

Really nice work here.
Can you point to any documentation on how to make a complete module? Or are we down to "look at the schemos and guess it all"?

Upacesky said:
Really nice work here.
Can you point to any documentation on how to make a complete module? Or are we down to "look at the schemos and guess it all"?

Haha ...yes , I know that way very well.
Stuffing pcb is not a big deal , probably easiest thing to do in whole process, wiring it is other story.Main reason why I build this type of  PCB s is to be close as possible to original unit.....there are 1000 ways to go for Neve sound , and tens of very god kits , but this aproach is just something which will lead you in direction of real vintage units....in terms of topology, looks and more or less sound.Original schematic and block scheme , is after looking it more then 15 min. actually very self explanatory, and with right case and other parts like transformers switches and edge connector it will be possible to build it with little soldering and electronic experience , at least it was to me.
If you have any question you can PM me.
Cheers

Sasha

Fair play to you altogether, Sasha.

After all, it's DIY -- not DFY (done for you)!  :D

ravachol said:
Fair play to you altogether, Sasha.

After all, it's DIY -- not DFY (done for you)!  :D
Of course but little help is always welcome.If you thinking about starting 1073 type of project with B cards , best way to start is microphone preamp part ....1290...and only with b183.
First of all you will get 50 db of pure Neve power, spare money of gething expensive 3x24 switches , and simplify whole build.So ...that mean ....one B183 , one inexpensive 3x12 switch (there few companies that offer 7 position switch ,which is ideal for 1290) and two Carnhill transformers. That is all......... you achive the same thing as on real 1073 , eq off , and 50 db limit.....which is more than enough for almost everything on which that sound is known to work well.

https://www.facebook.com/b.birdproaudio?ref=hl

B183 are all sold , only few left from the others..... B284,182,211,205 .Next one will be available and the end of month.
If there are interested for original type of frame for 1073 please let me know.

Frames? Are you planning to  reproduce the Neve metalwork?

That'd  be interesting, indeed.

ravachol said:
Frames? Are you planning to  reproduce the Neve metalwork?

That'd  be interesting, indeed.

Yes , I am working on them right now , hope that I will be able to make them very near to original.

bluezplaya said:
I am wondering what i need to build a Neve output for my mixer. What kind of cards would I need?

You need just two b183 , half populated and few OT from Carnhill.

Yes, after 3 weeks of delay  , they are in stock.New thing is mid freq. 1066 card  B181.
Also..... I make some stuffed , with Beyschlag ( and Welwin) resistors , b184c transistors , BC Caps and styroflex capacitors and NOS RCA 2n3055 or sometimes Motorola-s or new ST.
Pricing for GD
B183 ......75 EUR
b284.......75 EUR
B182......70EUR.......no inductor
b211.......50EUR........no inductor
B205......80 eur..................stuffed with tropical fish and mustard caps
B183 and partialy stuffed B284 (set needed for 1290 preamp)......110 eur
They are tested in real units , and work and sound great....I compare b183 cards with vintage Neve-s , and if vintage are recaped..... they sound the same.

2iuqiqw.jpg

ih64j9.jpg

k05ah2.jpg

How much would shipping to the UK cost for 2x B183 cards?

Also, Is there anywhere in the EU to get the blue sockets for the edge connectors?
ClassicAPI has the 51x series edge connector sockets which seem to measure up for the neve boards, But shipping from the US to the UK will be a lot for just a few connectors.

Lee_M said:
How much would shipping to the UK cost for 2x B183 cards?

Also, Is there anywhere in the EU to get the blue sockets for the edge connectors?
ClassicAPI has the 51x series edge connector sockets which seem to measure up for the neve boards, But shipping from the US to the UK will be a lot for just a few connectors.

Not more then 10 eur.
You have expensive 1x18 Edac from farnell or digi , but on ebay there are very cheap 2x18 edge connectors ....gold plated.

Ok , today I made order for the frames
.Prototype was fine , and  quality is ok.I made few shoots with phone , final frame will be zinc plated.
Price is 80 eur , and because of high cost , I will make just amount which is pre-ordered from a costumers.
So , you can send me inquiry on PM.

Attachments

• IMAG1004.jpg
    IMAG1004.jpg
    737.1 KB · Views: 382
Back