Neve 2254, limiter section usefull or not?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the limiter is working you should be able to set the threshold to say +4dB and then wind a very much larger signal into it and the output will remain at +4dB. i.e it holds the signal output at the level the threshold is set to.

Ok no problem, I’ll get a good level into it and test but at the minute when probing I can’t see it keeping level at the same level.
I’ve changed the threshold to just a 1k pot but works just the same. Wasn’t clear that I had the threshold control wired correctly with the lorlin? Will post drawing just to check I got this right!!

i can see a drop on the meter when i set it to output and i probe on the output of the transformer into the limiter sidechain but when i scope on output there is no affect to signal at all? on the 2254/E schematic there does show a connection from BA283 on F to P? is P a connector on the case or should F connect to P on BA283?

i can see a drop on the meter when i set it to output and i probe on the output of the transformer into the limiter sidechain but when i scope on output there is no affect to signal at all? on the 2254/E schematic there does show a connection from BA283 on F to P? is P a connector on the case or should F connect to P on BA283?
You need to trace the sidechain signal from the transformer through the sidechain circuit.

Well, waveform on J and K look like wavetable waveforms!!
So something ain’t right with b185
Will check all connections and voltages and see if I can spot the problem as I’m pretty sure I’ve made all connections.

Last edited:
Tracing the signal through the amp stage of the b192 the signal gets to square wave at R4 / C6 / base of TR2.
Probe on P and waveform looks distorted so could be txf which is effecting it or possibly TR3?
S output looks inverted but clean rectified waveform.
Will disconnect P connection and see if waveform is not distorted

Latest posts

Back