Neve 500 series 1084 eq... pre orders.. CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter purpose

Gents,
Before I spunk another 300 quid on something nobody wants.... any interest in a 500 series 1084?
I've dumped the hi and lo pass filters (no room on the board) and added a couple of extra frequencies in the high band.
Using a single VTB9050 inductor for the mid band.
Kindly express any interest here.

3d84.jpg

Sounds interesting!

Will these be like your other kits where it will have the metal and some other parts with it?

canidoit said:
Sounds interesting!

Will these be like your other kits where it will have the metal and some other parts with it?

Yes... Pcbs, 500 series metalwork and probably the custom output transformer.

I'm definitely in for two, but why not make it a double wide version and add the high and low pass filters? I've always wondered why no one has tackled a 1073 or 1084 500 series!

peter purpose said:
iangomes said:
why not make it a double wide version and add the high and low pass filters?

You design that one... I'll do this one. ;)

sounds like a plan:) hopefully I'll be able to modify yours to add the filters. Otherwise, I"m in for 2 no matter what. Maybe even 4 :)

Can i afford to miss this ? i think not
You do good work

do you have a guesstimate on cost ,
if it comes like a kit , as you stuff does
then one or two for me , thanks

Excellent! Yeah Il be in for 1 or 2 depending on price. I have always wanted to try a 500 series DIY  :)

Also, if you have two separate units, what is the accuracy like in regards to EQs when using them in stereo pairs even at the same settings?

I have never used two separate EQs as stereo unless they are a stereo EQ unit already so I am wondering whether they are as sensitive as using two separate mono compressors in stereo, do they have to match components somewhere for each EQ?

Thanks

Back