Neve VR schems/docs - anyone?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amplexus

Having a bear of a time finding docs for these desks. Client has aquired a number of channel strips and he’d like them refurbed (soo many dead caps and questionable switches…) and then built into a sidecar.

Even a pinout would be a godsend at this point. As I understand the power and audio connections should be the same as a V3 but I’m concerned that the automation functions might change the landscape in terms of functionality as a standalone module.

VR modules have mostly the same pin out as V3 ones. I can help you with schematic, just let me know what you need exactly.
I also have a complete racking solution for VR modules available if you ever need this.

VR modules have mostly the same pin out as V3 ones. I can help you with schematic, just let me know what you need exactly.
I also have a complete racking solution for VR mod ules available if you ever need this.
Schems for the input/dyn/filter modules and the EQ modules would be a godsend!

i have mostly worked out that i’m going to pull the input/dyn and eq modules from the chassis and do custom metalwork to mount the units as a desktop sidecar. Since mostly I’ve gleaned that the full channel modules are nearly unusable outside of the console frame due to automation/recall/routing logic. I’ve been able to bench test the separated modules and verify they function standalone from the pinout docs Walrus sent- but the one thing i’m still working out if how to get the L/C and Gate metering working outside the console…. If you have any advice or solutions on any element of the process tho I’d be happy to know it! Anything that makes my life easier is appreciated by me and the client!

I have the VR and v3 in pdf. Also I am good with advice on leaky caps and when you have issues.It takes about 9-12 hours for a full refurb when your process is set up and effecent. Im a total tube to this site and can't find the pm...lol but I have refurbed more than 3,500 channels some desks 2 or 3 times. I can send you other info too on the mods I do. 2 easy jumpers lower the noise floor substantially. they are short 1 at the power connector on EQ and 1 at the 50 way on minifader. also the 'upgraded' 88R mic pre upgrade was flushed out in my shop by Robin and me (his idea) anyone who wants some info or service manuals email me at [email protected] Cheers
John

I have the VR and v3 in pdf. Also I am good with advice on leaky caps and when you have issues.It takes about 9-12 hours for a full refurb when your process is set up and effecent. Im a total tube to this site and can't find the pm...lol but I have refurbed more than 3,500 channels some desks 2 or 3 times. I can send you other info too on the mods I do. 2 easy jumpers lower the noise floor substantially. they are short 1 at the power connector on EQ and 1 at the 50 way on minifader. also the 'upgraded' 88R mic pre upgrade was flushed out in my shop by Robin and me (his idea) anyone who wants some info or service manuals email me at [email protected] Cheers
John
Send you an e-mail John! Thanks!

John
John was a tremendous help to me when I was re-commissioning a V3-48!

Thank you Ike! here is the recap guide. the corrected -15 db pad and the jumpers. the jumpers are highly recommend. The EQ jumper drops the inner channel noise floor in to the 0.001xx range from the .003xx range and the mini fader drops the bussing the same. with low noise parts in a module, like opa2134, you see a .0008 at the insert, +18dbu/1k level. With a completely tweaked frame, I get the same at the 4T op 1 channel assigned, all path faders open at +18dbu/1k. usually .0008thd, -84dbu broad band 10-30k detector at the 4tk o/p on a 72 ch frame. Also I use opa228 as the AD797 latch up on hard clippings and the LT1037 don't clip nice, but the 228 just goes square wave and back with no overshoot or artifacts. I have a few more bits that are only for the VR that wants to go all the way every channel... lotta work. the pictures are of the replacement I/O assembly no longer made. the orange bars are 0.050 ox-free hi purity copper bars... I have about 7,000+ 5532 we pulled out of modules... hahaha!

Attachments

• V series upgrade001.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • VR -15 pad.jpg
    VR -15 pad.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 28
  • VR jumper.jpg
    VR jumper.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 29
  • input assm bot view.jpg
    input assm bot view.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 29
  • input assm top view.jpg
    input assm top view.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 30
  • VR mic pad -15dB.pdf
    63 KB · Views: 32
John
Can you send me some VR information. I am fixing some vrs. Your email address does not appear to exist. Thank you.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back