NEW: authentic style LA2A, Pultec EQP-1A, MEQ-5 & Ultimate Mic-PSU chassis

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phrazemaster said:
What would be nice would be an exact list of the PCB's that the Ultimate PSU chassis supports. I read through this whole thread and the feeler thread and could not find one definitive list, just a smattering of items here and there. Just a suggestion!

Does this fit the Chunger/Matador PCB?

Thanks; I already ordered and am waiting in anticipation to getting an awesome case! Thanks Martin!!

Mike

Great idea Mike!

Regarding Chungers/Matador's pcb  - there are no mounting holes for their pcb yet , but as a matter of fact I just read about their pcb and was going to ask them if they could send me the dimension of pcb and mounting holes, so I could add it to the officially supported pcb for the next run :)

Martin

Yes that's a great idea!

I couldn't tell from the pix of your current Ultimate chassis, but do you have holes for the MataChung C12 PSU PCB? It looked like it, but was too blurry when I blew it up.

Thanks,

Mike

Govinda Doyle said:
for some reason i cant see your pictures of you stuff :(

Hmm,
Just checked on several devices and it's all there...

Do you see some kind of placeholders or simply no pics at all?

Happy new year everyone!!

I just updated the BOM for the EQP-1A project - some parts were still missing.
Latest BOM rev is 1.2
Thanks to forum member core13 for letting me know :)

Martin

Studiomotion said:
Got the PSU case. Looks amazing!

Great to hear! :)

I just realized there were a couple of new posts here - somehow my notifications for this thread were disabled with the last forum update...
Now I'm back on track again.

BTW: I just updated the graphic layout for the EQP-1A build - latest revision is rev 1.31 make sure you use that one for your build. You can find it on the first page in the EQP-1A section or here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2b8py0igkenkh7l/Pultec_EQP-1A__layout_rev1_31.pdf

Also some more news - due to people continuously requesting MEQ-5 chassis while the group buy is over long time ago - I decided to do another LIMITED run of MEQ-5 style chassis. I'll update this thread soon with more information ;)

Martin

edited my last post - there was some connections that got lost in rev 1.30 - I fixed it - latest revision is 1.31 - updated the link from my last post too ;)

Martin

Hey folks,

haven't updated this thread in a while because there was so much going on.

Finally - after many of you kept asking for another run of the MEQ-5 style chassis I managed to do it :)
Another limited run of them is available here now.

I hope you like them!

If you successfully built an LA2A, EQP-1A, MEQ-5 or a tube mic PSU with one of my chassis - you're welcome to post here and share your experience!

Thanks to all of you for the support!

Martin

Folks,

I'm running low on LA2A style and mic PSU chassis kits - only a couple of each left.
I'll try to do another run as soon as possible, but I'm all absorbed by a new chassis kit project I'm working on, so it might
take a while until I get to having new PSU and LA2A style chassis made.

So if you were thinking about building either of the two mentioned above you should move fast  ;)

Ultimate Mic PSU chassis kits are SOLD OUT now!

We're working on a Rev.2 version of it.
This new revision will also support Chunger & Matador's universal tube mic pcbs (both passive and active)
The  laser engraving in the dividing panel will reflect the changes and we made it easier to see which pcb belongs where.

Also we corrected some minor flaws - the M49 pcb will now be moved more towards the center of the chassis to allow for easier
wiring and we corrected some screw holes that made it difficult for some to attach the lid since powder coating had added more to the surface thant we expected. Now these screws should go in easily ;)

You can preorder as off today - and we plan to have the new ULTIMATE Mic PSU chassis kit MkII ready for shipping in 4 weeks.

BTW - there's only 1 last LA2A style chassis left in stock!

LA2A style chassis are SOLD OUT as well now!

I'm preparing a new batch but it will take about 6 weeks until it's ready for shipping.

Also for the LA2A style chassis I'm thinking about doing a new revision - even closer to the vintage chassis.
That would mean:

- new back chassis consisting of two parts instead of one. The one part being the bottom & back panel and the other part being top & side panels. That would probably cost a little more to manufacture, but it would be much easier to work on and to wire it all up :)

- new custom hinges that look exactly like the ones used in the vintage units and are built like a tank.

- new cutout where the vintage units had a can cap mounted to the back panel. A blanking plate would be included so you could choose wether to use a vintage style can cap, or modern electrolytics.

Basically the only thing pointing towards a modern build would be the IEC socket on the back.

In the meantime if you need an LA2A style chassis NOW, Don-Audio.com still has a few of my current revision LA2A style chassis kits in stock - at a slightly higher price than here though...

I'd like to hear your opinions on my above mentioned thoughts regarding a new - more vintage looking, and easier to work on revision of LA2A style chassis :)

Martin

Congratz, very nice and well done quality!
Compared to the price tag it's worth the money.

If I build a third Pultec I will order one for sure.

Grtz, Frederick

rainton said:
LA2A style chassis are SOLD OUT as well now!

I'm preparing a new batch but it will take about 6 weeks until it's ready for shipping.

Also for the LA2A style chassis I'm thinking about doing a new revision - even closer to the vintage chassis.
That would mean:

- new back chassis consisting of two parts instead of one. The one part being the bottom & back panel and the other part being top & side panels. That would probably cost a little more to manufacture, but it would be much easier to work on and to wire it all up :)

- new custom hinges that look exactly like the ones used in the vintage units and are built like a tank.

- new cutout where the vintage units had a can cap mounted to the back panel. A blanking plate would be included so you could choose wether to use a vintage style can cap, or modern electrolytics.

Basically the only thing pointing towards a modern build would be the IEC socket on the back.

In the meantime if you need an LA2A style chassis NOW, Don-Audio.com still has a few of my current revision LA2A style chassis kits in stock - at a slightly higher price than here though...

I'd like to hear your opinions on my above mentioned thoughts regarding a new - more vintage looking, and easier to work on revision of LA2A style chassis :)

Martin
I'm sure you've already made up your mind - sorry I just saw this - but I applaud you going towards as real as possible.

I plan on getting one of your new LA2A chassis when you have them available, so please put me down on your list!

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks! :)

Available at the moment are a few last Pultec EQP-1A style chassis kits, Pultec MEQ-5 style chassis kits and a new batch of Ultimate Mic PSU V2 chassis kits just came in.

I'm out of LA2A style chassis but already working on a new revision with some changes to the chassis work as mentioned earlier. I'm still refining and hopefully we can start production soon...

djn111 said:
Hello,

Very nice chassis :)

Are they available again ?

DJN

Back