New Chinese U47fet body manufacturer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It says in the website that the capsules and transformers are made by “Replica Microphones” do you know what is “Replica Microphones”?
Does anyone know?
Looks like their "brand" for transformers and capsules. They even have a RM logo you can buy for your mics. Printed on the transformers.

Looks like their "brand" for transformers and capsules. They even have a RM logo you can buy for your mics. Printed on the transformers.

I didn’t know it was their brand, they’re are not a capsule or transformer manufacturer so they must be buying cheap capsules and transformers from China and rebrand and market them as “Premium Products”

a lot of lies and bullshit surrounding this company

By the way: Mic & Mod has a new owner now, only the name remained the same.

I just enquired Mic and Mod about the "Replica Microphones" brand of capsules and transformers,
here is the bullshit reply I received.
It seems that even if there's a new owner the dirty business practices continue implemented in the company:

"Indeed you will find very little information on Replica Microphone, they are our exclusive providers based in Germany and they do not communicate, they must just be on social networks. They are indeed the ones who make us the transformers and the capsules, they are assembled by them directly with quality materials, we have never had any negative feedback on these parts.

Paul"

Really? a German capsule and transformer manufacturing company that lives "Exclusively" of doing capsules and transformers for a small business like Mic and Mod.
A capsule and transformer company that we never heard about before? They are "really good and use quality materials" but hide away in a cave in Germany just to do business with the lucky Mic and Mod company!
So full of bullshit.

We never heard of "Replica Microphone" because it simply doesn't exist,
the capsules and transformers are sourced from China, and then they rebrand and advertise it as German Made.

I just enquired Mic and Mod about the "Replica Microphones" brand of capsules and transformers,
here is the bullshit reply I received.
It seems that even if there's a new owner the dirty business practices continue implemented in the company:

"Indeed you will find very little information on Replica Microphone, they are our exclusive providers based in Germany and they do not communicate, they must just be on social networks. They are indeed the ones who make us the transformers and the capsules, they are assembled by them directly with quality materials, we have never had any negative feedback on these parts.

Paul"

Really? a German capsule and transformer manufacturing company that lives "Exclusively" of doing capsules and transformers for a small business like Mic and Mod.
A capsule and transformer company that we never heard about before? They are "really good and use quality materials" but hide away in a cave in Germany just to do business with the lucky Mic and Mod company!
So full of bullshit.

We never heard of "Replica Microphone" because it simply doesn't exist,
the capsules and transformers are sourced from China, and then they rebrand and advertise it as German Made.
The Alibaba supplier must not ship directly to France so they use a German freight forwarder. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"Clone Microphone" (vs. Replica Microphone, odd that they use a singular word in the name, it's not Replica Microphones as one could think) would be a better name. Regarding their niche marketing I think they don't quite seem to understand it, do they really thing DIY'ers buy so much money from capsules and other components with an unknown origin (like RM)? They should be much more open and transparent, and let the potential buyers know that their capsules really come from China (in case they do, or if they are only reskinned in Germany or whatever). How is their quality control then?

Anyway, got an answer (like) from "RM" - "We are a German company in electronic parts, we assemble the parts ourselves for different customers ...". Apparently they don't want us to know who they really are. Could be anyone like Haun (MBHO) or other similar company or one like Maiku.

Last edited:
Really strange that a German company register their domain trough a French ISP and on the French register: Whois.
No German people at all for me, just a commercial name.
Not at all in this case, replicamic.com is micandmod's brand name and their web page. It's like Thomann is rebranding their t.bone stuff, see Microphones - t-bone. Whoever assembles the RM capsules and transformers just doesn't want to be known.

Getting back to the original topic, if a group buy or something similar ever comes together, I'd be in for two bodies at least.

The price wouldn't be that bad, considering how expensive buying from the US is now anyway (I'm in the EU). Even just a GT2B body from Chunger is quite some money, when you consider shipping and taxes.

In case an Alctron GT-2B might be close enough, in Europe hunting down some t.bone SCT 2000 might not be a bad idea - ~150e on average for the whole shebang, used (mic, shockmount, multipattern power supply, 7pin cable).

In case an Alctron GT-2B might be close enough, in Europe hunting down some t.bone SCT 2000 might not be a bad idea - ~150e on average for the whole shebang, used (mic, shockmount, multipattern power supply, 7pin cable).
Are you sure about that? The SCT 2000 is € 219 now. The SCT 700 might be a good alternative ( € 155).

I did mention "used" - sure, it's 200-something retail.

The 700 is of course interesting too, but one would need to go through the expense and hassle of MacGyvering a pattern switch into the power supply or mic, should one desire that functionality.

Hey All, I have a source for Fet 47 Bodies.
I'm ordering some for my customers for my customers and would be happy to pass some on to the members. They are not uber cheep, unfortunately, but the quality is excellent.
The price would be around $250.00 USD Plus $45.00USD Shipping world wide.
They come as pictured including the switches (minus the 3d printed switch holder which I made although I could offer them at additional cost)
shoot me an email [email protected] if you're interested.
I'll open a white market thread if there's enough interest.
Cheers!
Mark

Attachments

• 0323_3.jpg
    0323_3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 0323_2(1).jpg
    0323_2(1).jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 0323_2.jpg
    0323_2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 476
  • PXL_20220114_062737323.jpg
    PXL_20220114_062737323.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 97
  • PXL_20220114_062758328.jpg
    PXL_20220114_062758328.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 91
  • PXL_20220114_062809787.jpg
    PXL_20220114_062809787.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 87
  • PXL_20220114_062822816.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220114_062822816.MP.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 81
  • PXL_20220114_062825059.jpg
    PXL_20220114_062825059.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Mic and Mod's capsules are from FZ audio I think. They're actually pretty good capsules. When I was auditioning factories and wholesalers before deciding to do it in house, they were one of my favorites, right behind 3u, but you are getting full scammed if you pay over $99 shipped for singles and volume should drop off steeply.

Edit:
My bad, I didn't see that there were more posts after that one.

Last edited:
Mic and Mod's capsules are from FZ audio I think. They're actually pretty good capsules. When I was auditioning factories and wholesalers before deciding to do it in house, they were one of my favorites, right behind 3u, but you are getting full scammed if you pay over $99 shipped for singles and volume should drop off steeply.

Edit:
My bad, I didn't see that there were more posts after that one.

I don't doubt they're good capsules, but why lieing and telling they're "Premium" capsules made by a German company "Replica Microphones" exclusively for them?
That type of lies and bullshit that is allover the descriptions on Mic and Mod website is really dirty

Back