New Chinese U47fet body manufacturer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't doubt they're good capsules, but why lieing and telling they're "Premium" capsules made by a German company "Replica Microphones" exclusively for them?
That type of lies and bullshit that is allover the descriptions on Mic and Mod website is really dirty
Oh yeah, it's scummy as hell. Honestly, getting into microphone manufacturing at scale over the pandemic, it's really striking how deeply dishonest this entire field is. Both in DIY and professional spaces. I'm actually looking into ways to change that. Maybe making a big free archive of information, sources etc. I plan to make all of my mic developments fully open information eventually, even if I go to retail.

I don't disagree and I value your contributions. but, microphones;they turn sound into electricity
(an electret or 57 can do it). if you are feeling ambitious there is way worse in this world

Oh yeah, it's scummy as hell. Honestly, getting into microphone manufacturing at scale over the pandemic, it's really striking how deeply dishonest this entire field is. Both in DIY and professional spaces. I'm actually looking into ways to change that. Maybe making a big free archive of information, sources etc. I plan to make all of my mic developments fully open information eventually, even if I go to retail.
I support this 1000%

Hey All, I have a source for Fet 47 Bodies.
I'm ordering some for my customers for my customers and would be happy to pass some on to the members. They are not uber cheep, unfortunately, but the quality is excellent.
The price would be around $250.00 USD Plus $45.00USD Shipping world wide.
They come as pictured including the switches (minus the 3d printed switch holder which I made although I could offer them at additional cost)
shoot me an email [email protected] if you're interested.
I'll open a white market thread if there's enough interest.
Cheers!
Mark
Hey Mark,

The bodies definitely look great, but the price is pretty steep. Quite a bit more than ~100$ another member was talking about. Any chance of organizing a group buy or something similar to get them for less?

Also, is a version without the switch holes available?

This:

0323_2-jpg.88692

Checking with my people about a group buy for this. I know a few people who do have it but they're not keen on giving it up because it was another client who requested it.

If worse comes to worst if someone could supply a u47 fet I could make drawings of it and get one of my metalworking contractors to make it to order, skipping the middleman entirely. Back in the olden days it was necessary to use a trading company because a lot of these metal factories didn't speak English and couldn't export but that's changed in the modern age.

Last edited:
I guess so too. Can't really blame him either...he has a business after all.

This is a DIY forum, for DIY people.
Businesses are left for the white market section only,
the intent for this thread is to find a source for these bodies at reasonable prices for DIY (whats been asked by the op is if someone knows the supplier), not for bussiness to advertise their overpriced Chinese body

Last edited:
Checking with my people about a group buy for this. I know a few people who do have it but they're not keen on giving it up because it was another client who requested it.

If worse comes to worst if someone could supply a u47 fet I could make drawings of it and get one of my metalworking contractors to make it to order, skipping the middleman entirely. Back in the olden days it was necessary to use a trading company because a lot of these metal factories didn't speak English and couldn't export but that's changed in the modern age.
That would be amazing, maybe I have the possibility to reach one here in Italy. But where are you?

Well everyone seems to be using this same body so it won't be long before you know the manufacturer.
They're coming from the same place as Chunger's bodies, they're just not keen on selling large numbers to someone not making a retail product because one of their other clients is the one who put in the time and investment to ship them a reference. Totally understandable.

I am surprised Chunger doesn't have them then. They sell to other manufacturers though. For a while it was only affiliated together, so a common selling point, but now even Stam and OPR have them.

Back