New Chinese U47fet body manufacturer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel Alctron makes these. I have approached my contact there, and got an offer with 5000$ moq. I said i was interested, asked for samples and images. And then suddenly they went all weird on me, like they are lacking materials to fulfill the order, issues with stock... I feel there is some NDA going on here.

So, there were talks about trying to figure out the manufacturing ourselves.
Here's an idea:
- these headbaskets are already done, and i think that's the most difficult part about the body. https://getwintech.en.alibaba.com/product/1600132679354-826779126/For_repair_original_U47_microphone_basket_U47_microphone_body_silver_color_microphone_cover.html
- the body tube is easy, just a brass tube, with a few mounting holes in it. Drawing something up like that is done in a few minutes. It wouldn't be exactly the same as the u47fet, because if you look at the original, you can see the way it's shaped at the bottom, and the protruding part for the holder to mount to. For price reduction, just a normal tube would be way easier.
- the frame is more difficult, bottom bell, with some rails on it to mount everything on. But probably not that much different from most bottom bells, except the not centering of the XLR.
- the "holder", that typical mount for the u47fet, i don't have a clue how to mount that in a practical way. In february i will have to possibility to talk to some colleagues of mine who are teaching mechanics, so let's see what they say.
Anyone interested in figuring this out further?

I feel Alctron makes these. I have approached my contact there, and got an offer with 5000$ moq. I said i was interested, asked for samples and images. And then suddenly they went all weird on me, like they are lacking materials to fulfill the order, issues with stock... I feel there is some NDA going on here.
I'm starting thinking the same, I finally got an answer from Alctron and the answer was "We doesn't know"...so a company doesn't know if they make a body or not. Really really strange...

Unfortunately I still haven't found a supplier, many company are using the same body (United, stam, opr, warm, mic&mod...) but unfortunately seems impossible to buy the body for using it in the DIY world.

Yes, the problem is to find the factory...

Do a list of known Chinese microphone manufacturers and also Chinese Body manufacturers.
Contact them all with photos of the body and inquiring about it,
I'm sure you will find the supplier or at least have some clues about it

Best regards

You got a reply from Alctron? I’m absolutely shocked! Never have I ever heard a word back from them in years past. Do you know a minimum on them? I’m guessing pretty high; much higher than a group buy here could do.

I managed to get some samples before, but that seems to be difficult these days. I have a couple of direct mails i use to contact them, but no luck this time.

The idea about it not being about the minimum, and about exclusivity, would absolutely make sense if there weren’t more than one company selling them.

Or it wouldn’t it, if say Alctron specifically has a contract with someone that states exclusivity in it. Maybe other companies are getting them elsewhere? Right? I’m confused.

Last edited:
Or maybe, what happens a lot of times in China, alctron has subcontracted the production to another factory that is selling this product to other companies while alctron still has the exclusivity contract with United.

Back