New Design 1176 Boards + 900 Power Supply Boards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi mnats

Nice, I've been having a eye on your rev of the 1176 for a while. Great to see you offer this service here on the forum.
Good price as well. I'll definitely be getting some of these for my next project.

Bless

Matthew Jacobs

I'm interested in buying 1 or 2 of these boards to build 1108 preamplifiers... But have a couple questions:

Do I really only need to stuff the components within the "signal amp" and not the power supply/input preamp?

What mic input transformer would be best suited for using the board as 1108 and how would I provide power for the amplifier/phantom?

Very excited about getting started and will order soon if you still have stock.

Praqtice said:
I'm interested in buying 1 or 2 of these boards to build 1108 preamplifiers... But have a couple questions:

Do I really only need to stuff the components within the "signal amp" and not the power supply/input preamp?

What mic input transformer would be best suited for using the board as 1108 and how would I provide power for the amplifier/phantom?

Very excited about getting started and will order soon if you still have stock.
This is the board sales thread. You will probably have better luck finding answers to your questions by looking at the 1108 and Rev A schematic, searching the numerous posts about the 1108 then posting to one of those threads if you can't find the answer there. Note that the 1108 options have been eliminated in the new boards as described on my Rev A page linked above. That won't make modding the boards impossible though - it was just done to make building the Rev A limiter straightforward since that's what most people were doing.

Availability of boards is kept updated in the first post.

I do hate posting to my own thread, but it seems as though my request in the first post that questions about the boards be posted to this thread and not emailed or PMed to me is difficult for some people to understand. I don't have anything to hide from the forum. Do you?

One email I got said that it was the writer's intention to "manufacture 20 to 30 1176 units" and asked what licensing fee I would like.

The answer is that my boards were created in the spirit of DIY for personal use as a vehicle for learning, experimentation and recreation. I do not encourage or promote the use of my boards for commercial purposes.

That said, there is really nothing I can do to prevent people from doing whatever they like with my boards. Once you have purchased them, they are yours to either build or not, to destroy them, nail them to your roof or heavens forbid build them into a working unit.

The price I charge is sufficient to cover the costs of providing them and keep me encouraged to develop more projects. I will not charge different prices depending on whether they are intended to be used as wall hangings or as completed limiters.

All I ask is that you do nothing to indicate that the finished units have anything to do with me, nor deny that the boards used are my designs if asked.

The next questions were PMed to me from another individual:

"do you have any complete kits for your projects? if no do you know where I can get the parts in ______?"

"how much to all the parts generally cost?"

"which board is like the MC77?"

"do you sell finished clones?"

All I can say is please read the first post and the FAQ linked from the first post and try doing a search. You won't believe it, but you are not the first person who has thought of these questions.

Hey Mnats, I sent you an email but haven't heard from you. I ordered a pair of rev d's a little while back and was wondering if I was waiting for the new run of boards or if, heaven forbid, mine are mia in the mail?
Thanks
Ian

iangomes said:
Hey Mnats, I sent you an email but haven't heard from you. I ordered a pair of rev d's a little while back and was wondering if I was waiting for the new run of boards or if, heaven forbid, mine are mia in the mail?
Thanks
Ian
As indicated in the first post and the post just previous to yours I ask that questions be posted to the thread. My Paypal ID is for payments only.

Your boards shipped on 25 May 09 as indicated in the acknowledgment email you received on the 22nd of May.

As indicated in the FAQ linked from the first post: "Shipping times vary widely even for the same location. Delivery times are mostly dependent on your local postal service." I wouldn't worry - shipments to North America can sometimes take up to a month.

If you don't see the boards after a couple of weeks let me know via this thread and we'll sort it out when the new shipment arrives.

Hi Mnats
I paid a few days ago for a set of boards.
please let me know when you ship them.

thanks

Gabriel

gabrieluth said:
Hi Mnats
I paid a few days ago for a set of boards.
please let me know when you ship them.

thanks

Gabriel
As per email sent to your gmail account on 3 June 09 your boards were to ship the following day, so your boards shipped on 04 June 2009.

Hello,
I've received my boards today, that was really fast (from Australia to France) ! The boards are really clear, with a lot of indications and options, good work !

Thanks !

hi mnats ....i´m quite confused about your revisions....i wanna built a stereo 1176 clone...with the gyraf set of rotary switches,but i want 2 of these hum-elimination boards your psu-creation....and these boards for the original gyraf switches....is there a chance to get these???

i´m also hunting for a vu-meter...

Back