New documentary: Johnny Cash

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

Well, here I go again on a country music tangent.  Youtube dropped this yesterday and I now see its up to 27K views in the 14 hours before I wrote this.

It added some new stuff I never knew, covering the years beginning with Sam Phillips through the last era with Rick Rubin.  It has a lot of spiritualness as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cMVNtmbwyo

Bri

Perhaps the fact that I watched the show late at night after a few beers <g>......

I found myself getting "misty eyed"at various points.  I'm just a Olde Sentimental (Sedimental?) Phool....

Bri

Me too.  :'(

Hows that segment with Bobby D and the big man ...  total heavi-osity with heart, all round.  Incredible real-ness.

Like when the northern weather system meets the southern weather system but with wonderful result.

The other one, of course, is the man himself with a young ms Linda Ronstadt  ..  amazing and history making.

Yep - for me Johnny Cash is an inspirational story despite the difficulties and joys that we mostly all face.

And of course another thing I love about Johnny Cash is his historical retinue of guitars ...

As a Guild afficionado myself, I would get a big kick when I found a clip with the man and his Guild  gits  :)

Latest posts

Back