new product idea..?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRoberts

Staff member
GDIY Supporter
With all the TV talking heads social distancing and teleconferencing from home to participate on TV shows, there are a lot of people talking over each other.  We already have smart automatic mixing that could let a master channel duck all the secondary channels, but with modern DSP I could imagine even hipper remedies.

How about smart algorithm that gives free play to only one channel at a time..? If there is an attempted interruption that second signal gets captured into a buffer for presentation after the first pause in the active channel.  Pauses in this recorded stem could get truncated or shortened to catch the audio back up to the picture faster. Smart DSP could even use pitch shifting to speed up the recorded message playback and still present with normal pitch (we can understand typical speech sped up 2x and more.) Multiple speakers could be managed this way with much better content intelligibility for listeners (and each other).

The immediate application for this is TV media, but I can image a large market for business meetings with telecommuting workers to more efficiently manage group meetings.  I suspect telecommuting will be with us long after this COVID pandemic passes.

JR

Latest posts

Back