"New York City" - New song with DIY flavors

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beeswax

Hi DIYers,

Would like to share a new song just released on my website: http://marcsmithmusic.com/tagged/songs

I built the Lola mic pre and 1176 revD from Hairball which handled vocals.  A tweed amp and various pedals from buildyourownclone.com are most of the guitars.  Click on the DIY page of my site for pics of my project.  Next up are a REDD47 and LA2A from dripelectronics, for sure.

Join me on Facebook if you like what you hear.  I'm releasing one song per month come hell or high water.  Building gear can sometimes feel like cutting off my nose to spite of my face!

Marc

I like your guitar / bass part arrangements a lot man! At 3:47, there is a guitar strum that does this cool tremolo thing. Is that strictly a tremolo, something else? Always digged that sound but never knew how to get it.

Sounds great! I like the tremolo too - I noticed it at 1:47
If that were a pedal I'd probably have to build it.
Next get a plate reverb - it will tie it all together in a nice way  :)

Hey Guys - thank you both for the compliments.  That's my guitarist's digital delay.  He's got a way of dialing it in that it has a real tremolo type effect.  I might be able to pin him down about it specifically on monday during our next tracking session. 

Back