Newbie Needs Help with Parts Needed for Eden Preamp Build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
outrecording said:
And for polarity. The mic is reversing polarity for whatever reason. Doing it in the DAW is fine, but takes ages when you have 4 tracks of hundreds of minutes at 24bit 96k. And I've forgotten to do this several times. So I'd just assume take care of it at the source.
Better to rewire the XLR off the mike itself.

You pay a huge price in making the Input Loop larger with a polarity switch.  Why not put it on the output of the preamp?  Easier switching and much less critical.

I think your Chinese fireworks are likely the loudest stuff you'd record with an Ambisonic mike.

ricardo said:
Better to rewire the XLR off the mike itself.

You pay a huge price in making the Input Loop larger with a polarity switch.  Why not put it on the output of the preamp?  Easier switching and much less critical.

I think your Chinese fireworks are likely the loudest stuff you'd record with an Ambisonic mike.

Ok, good point on the rewiring. I'm hesitant to try opening and rewiring the 10 pin connector, but I can get the same result from rewiring the individual XLR's.

Although the polarity switch on the Fab modules are in the output module. That would work ok, wouldn't it?

http://www.fabmodules.com/docs/pmwiki.php/FABModules/FAB3010

And yeah, those fireworks definitely will be the loudest thing. At least I hope!  ;D

I have plans for next year to record this "firework shooting at people" festival. It's this city sponsored festival where they shoot bottle rockets at everyone silly enough to get close. (Which is a huge crowd of people). Everyone wearing thick clothes and full face motorcycle helmets.

Doubt it's a good idea on my part. But helluva unique recording experience!

Latest posts

Back