Nice, free, internet-based group buy platform (makes things easy)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jed

Hi folks,

I just thought I’d let you know about a positive experience I had with GotoGroupBuy.com. I’m not affiliated with or paid by these guys in any way. This is just a report about my experience, which was good.

I recently organized a group buy for some replacement PCBs for the Korg PolySix (http://www.gotogroupbuy.com/504/Korg-Polysix-KLM-367a-Replacement-PCBs.aspx). This website basically manages the whole process for you. You tell it what the product is, what it costs at various price levels, what it costs to ship it various places, it does the rest.

The website lets people sign up as “interested” or “committed”, collects a deposit if you want it to, and integrates with PayPal for payments. That may be a deal breaker for some folks who hate paypal, but I thought it was great. I had people pay a $10 deposit and then when the group buy closed it handled the remainder of the payment and shipping that was necessary.

At the end it lets you export an excel spreadsheet with all the address, contact, and invoice info for all the buyers. I ended up cross-checking the address info with what came through from paypal to be sure of things.

You can also use the site to send emails to all the folks who have signed up.

All in all, I had a really positive experience with this website. When I accidently omitted some shipping prices I emailed their customer service and they were able to straighten things out within 24 hours. The whole thing just worked really smoothly.

I don’t think I could really ask for much more for the price of free.

This could be a good tool for other folks here who organize group buys from time to time (for PCBs or whatever really).

Best regards,

Jed

Back