NOS 251 experience

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't even consider buying from someone claiming they can software-emulate a C800G from a 251 basis. Either fraudulent or incompetent, choose one.

/Jakob E.
The base version uses a Chinese "CK12" capsule, so it could potentially get somewhat close.

The base version uses a Chinese "CK12" capsule, so it could potentially get somewhat close.
Many Chinese 'CK12' capsules seem to simply be K.67 style backplates, fitted with an edge terminated membrane.
Not the multi chambered design of a 'real' CK12 ...
I wonder which of those two this one uses?.... ( I suspect the former)

I bought a pair of their c12's and gutted them to do c12's with good parts. They didn't sound horrible for $260 I never got a software for emulating, but never cared to. Maybe it's a Chinese lost in translation scenario?

Agreed here - got two to use the bodies and PSUs and shockmount and free pop filters and hard cases to make a couple matachung C12 clones. Was really handy to have everything in one buy. I just wish I could knock the logo off the mic with certainty I would harm the body tube.

And yes - actually didn't sound terrible before modding. Sounds better now tho!

Agreed here - got two to use the bodies and PSUs and shockmount and free pop filters and hard cases to make a couple matachung C12 clones. Was really handy to have everything in one buy. I just wish I could knock the logo off the mic with certainty I would harm the body tube.

And yes - actually didn't sound terrible before modding. Sounds better now tho!
I agree, quite a lot for the low price. I’m debating on ordering another or if I should spen almost the same price for mic n mod’ ht11. I did pry the nos the logos off of mine. There are 2 surface holes that the logo is set in.

Latest posts

Back