• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NOS Gefell MK102 Vintage Condenser Microphones Pair With Custom Amps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the price at which you can buy this equipment? (per pair)?

• 1000$

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1500$

• 2300$

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alies

I'm glad to present a  vintage 80s large diaphragm condenser microphones Gefell MK102 in NOS condition with pristine membranes and new custom designed amplifiers. Never used before!
Beautiful recording microphones with natural, sweet and cinematographic sound. Nickel film membranes (not gold plated mylar) are used, similar to classic Neumann KM 53/54 and SM2. Good choice for classical and pop vocals, movies voice over, stringed instruments, grand piano and orchestra. Comes with original cable and wooden case. 100% ready to use.

PHOTOS:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_TUlel2cqe0TUFvRHJRWVVWdmc&usp=sharing

These microphones were manufactured in East Germany in the mid-1980s and were carefully stored in their original boxes until today. Old poor electronics (i.e. MV102 circuit, previously made by ​​RFT) has been completely replaced with a new custom designed high quality and low noise circuits. It works with a standard 48V phantom supply, has a large dynamic range, and provides 200V polarization voltage for the full capsule’s potential realization. These microphones work without any additional PSU - just plug and play.

The MK102 capsule is a 1" true condenser pressure transducer (omni pattern) initially designed for precise audio measurements. All important capsule parts are made of pure nickel, including a membrane (prepared in a special galvanic method) and a back electrode. The insulator is made ​​of quartz glass with a massive gold-plated contact in the center. The precise manufacturing and the design concept of the microphone capsule guarantees a high long-term stability of the electro-acoustic parameters.

(Please see the tech specs bellow. For more details please see the Microtech Gefell website.)

These mics sound natural, sweet, mellow, and never seems harsh!

The MK102 has almost flat frequency response from 10 to 20 kHz (see the specs). The nickel membrane has a unique impulse response and a rich timbre, the most significant in the middle and high-frequency area. The custom designed transformerless class-A discrete amplifier without a negative feedback provides a classic well-balanced sound: soft, with a clean top-end and a pleasant colored mid-range. The lowest noise and musically sounding transistors are used. The hi-quality film capacitor is used for the input DC decoupling. The everlasting USSR military tantalum capacitor is used for output decoupling. All electronics are fully handcrafted and tuned-up. Each contact was soldered and checked individually. Each mic has passed the 24h burn test.

Please listen the demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TUlel2cqe0QmpyemF5MjI1bjg/edit?usp=sharing

(For this powerful  voice i used the same mic through my 1073 clone and DBX162SL compressor)

Delivery Range:

2x Gefell MK102 capsule in original wooden box

2x Custom made P48 amplifier in original body with original wooden box

2x Original 5m balanced cable (DIN5-F to XLR-M)

Specifications (capsule+ amplifier):

Type of transducer:  pressure

Rated impedance:  75 Ohms

Rated load impedance: > 1k Ohms

Frequency response:  10Hz – 20kHz (0 – -3dB)

Sensitivity in 1 kHz :  50mV/Pa

Equivalent noise level, A-weighted:    7dB-A

Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL):    87dB

Maximum SPL for THD < 0.5%:      136 dB

Maximum  output level for THD < 0.5%:  +19dBu

Dynamic range, A-weighted: 129 dB

Supply voltage: 48V (-2/+10)

Current consumption: 7mA

MY PRICE IS 2500$.

It's not so much for the pair of real good microphones, when each capsule has a list price of about 1200 eur. You get a NOS vintage capsules, not a modern!

I can't sell this microphones on Ebay because of the price restrictions for new Ebay sellers.

Free shipping to  N. and S. America, Europe, Asia, Australia.

I prefer a direct transfer to my Visa card. It is cheap (or free, at all). PayPal are welcome too, (but ain't love it for its high fees).

Any questions are welcome!

Latest posts

Back