NOS Haufe RK282 – info needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claudio

Hello everyone,

I was given a few ‘new old stock’ Haufe RK282 transformers, I suppose from the 80s or older. However, I can’t seem to find any info or datasheet for this model. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Claudio

Wow, that was fast. Thanks a lot!

I don’t need any translation, I’m German, too.  :)

So have you used this transformer in one of your projects? What was it? How did you use it?

Thanks,
Claudio

No, I have not used this model yet, but similar ones. Relatively difficult to drive for a tube guy. You can also use them as input transformers. Silent Arts Volker has a few projects where similar transformers are used....Grüße  ;)

Yes, I first came across the Haufe transformers when I built Volker’s modules. I should contact him. :)

Claudio said:
Wow, that was fast. Thanks a lot!

I don’t need any translation, I’m German, too.  :)

So have you used this transformer in one of your projects? What was it? How did you use it?

Thanks,
Claudio

It's a opamp output transformer. Or some other circuit with plenty of NFB and similarly low output impedance.

Hey Volker! :)

Sorry to ask, but what is an opamp output transformer? Do you mean a transformer that follows an opamp in the signal chain?

And what does NFB mean?

Claudio said:
Sorry to ask, but what is an opamp output transformer? Do you mean a transformer that follows an opamp in the signal chain?

And what does NFB mean?

You need a relatively large amount of current to drive these transformers, low impedance. This is achieved with potent opamps and/or transistor buffers. These transformers do not fit well to tube circuits.

NFB= negative feedback to lower the impedance.

For anyone who needs it, here’s the official datasheet that Haufe sent me.

Attachments

• Haufe_RK282_Datenblatt.pdf
    582.3 KB · Views: 20
Back