NTP 377-200 multichannel PPM, video card problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koopop

Hello!

First time poster, new to your great site. Used the search for another topics..

So, I have a 32ch NTP 377-200 multichannel meter unit, and the picture output seems not to work. I'm not a tech guru, so I am incapable of doing any proper repair. I bought the machine with a Trident custom built broadcast console, and I got the NTP in 'as is' -condition, with no information about the previous installation.

If anyone here knows more about these machines, and might know what's going on (a long shot, I know), I'd be more than happy to get some advice.

On the attached photo you can see that the picture is just black. On the back, there is a remote controller slot, but no remote controller. I think from the controller you could switch between Analyzer and PPM mode.. (?)

I do have schematics, but I don't know how to proceed.

So, thanks in advance, and sorry for spamming if this is not related here.

kai dot poutanen at gmail dot com

Attachments

• NTP 377-200.jpeg
    NTP 377-200.jpeg
    662.5 KB · Views: 24
Hmm...

I got a steady B/W picture out, using only the Green output to Composite video in (at Scart end). Seems like my connections are not working..

I wired the R, G and B and Composite (Sync) at a standard Scart connection. Seems like I need an amplifier on the Sync-signal.

Does anyone know, how should I wire the 4 BNC outputs (labeled as Red, Green, Blue and Sync) to a standard Scart?

Scart is different things, some accept RGBS, some RGB+sync-on-green, and some composite-only.

Read up on analogue video interfacing formats, and spot a suitable monitor that way.

The philips monitors used for e.g. amiga had a wide range of interfacing options.

Look into what people do to interface modern screens to the old-old SSL4000 recall/mix computer - you probably have a video format like that.

Jakob E.

gyraf said:
Scart is different things, some accept RGBS, some RGB+sync-on-green, and some composite-only.

Read up on analogue video interfacing formats, and spot a suitable monitor that way.

The philips monitors used for e.g. amiga had a wide range of interfacing options.

Look into what people do to interface modern screens to the old-old SSL4000 recall/mix computer - you probably have a video format like that.

Jakob E.

Thanks Jakob.. Looking for SSL owners and their computer TV -problems was a great idea! Luckily I'm on the PAL side of the pond, so it's only a matter of amplifying the sync signal, I suppose. I'll have my tech wire me a box, where the sync signal is amplified from 0,3V to 2V.

Some SSL users had wired a resistor between Video signal and Blanking, some say that you need the amplified Sync signal. Soon I'll find out.

Many thanks.

Back