OEP A187A10C Pin configuration

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beegandy

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in...

The OEP A187A10C has 9 pins on the technical document (4 primary, 4 secondary and a shield pin connected to the can enclosure).

On the schematic footprint it only shows 8 pins (see attachment, page 1).

Does anyone know about this discrepency or which pin isn't actually used?

Thanks

Attachments

• A187A10C.pdf
    106.7 KB · Views: 1
No ambiguity there. Pin A2 is the high-Z side (primary for DI) shield and Pin A3 is the low-Z (secondary for DI) shield.
The xfmr itself has only 6 pins (2 for Pri and 2 for each Sec).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 17.33.13.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 17.33.13.png
    91 KB · Views: 1
I'm always dubious about footprints and devices one can find on the web.
Clearly the footprints are not the same.
The manufacturer's info should be more reliable, but in practice I wait till I have the real part in front of me and create the footprint.
Now I'm not sure how easy to do it is with Design Spark.
It's super easy with my jurassic version of Eagle, but extremely tedious with Kicad.

EDIT: now I see the discrepancy. There is one pin missing on the South West figure of the document, but its location is unmistakeable.

Note: I don't take any responsibility for the exactness of my conclusions.

Attachments

• oepb.jpg
    oepb.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm always dubious about footprints and devices one can find on the web.
Clearly the footprints are not the same.
The manufacturer's info should be more reliable, but in practice I wait till I have the real part in front of me and create the footprint.
Now I'm not sure how easy to do it is with Design Spark.
It's super easy with my jurassic version of Eagle, but extremely tedious with Kicad.

EDIT: now I see the discrepancy. There is one pin missing on the South West figure of the document, but its location is unmistakeable.

Note: I don't take any responsibility for the exactness of my conclusions.
That link I posted is on the RS components website, so I thought I wasn't really sure what to beleive! I'll assume its the footprint image which is incorrect and there is indeed a pin at A3

Thanks!

Back