Official 33609 builder's tread. See 1st page for updates.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After 2 weeks of testing and no solution for LF distortion
I've tried the IK precision comp/limiter and the results are the same Low Frequency distortion on limiter section!
Attached 2 screenshots plug vs real
The only difference is the limiter on 33609 kick in earlier that IK...

Attachments

• IK precision comp-lim 50ms Att Fast 4 db limiting.PNG
    IK precision comp-lim 50ms Att Fast 4 db limiting.PNG
    249.2 KB · Views: 47
Not sure if i am right here, but:
Does anyone know, if you can get Boards for the 33609 ?

I know that DIY Racked offers a Kit, but i ´m not sure if i´ll go with the original Design and second, i´ve ordered a Kit from them and updates / help isn´t that great, so i will not but again from them, if i can get it from somewhere else.

Kind Regards, Christian

Built this quite a while ago and found that the BA340 on the bottom board overheated and self destructed.

Did anyone figure out how to effectively mount a heat sink to the BA340 boards?

Mark

Biasrocks said:
Built this quite a while ago and found that the BA340 on the bottom board overheated and self destructed.

Did anyone figure out how to effectively mount a heat sink to the BA340 boards?

Mark

Do you have any pic of this damage board?, What do you believe could be the problem for?
Thanks for your information!
Opacheco

Hi everyone, I have a questions about replacing transformers on 33609J.

I own my 33609/J onboard with Belclere Input/Buffer TX and Marinair Lo1173/1 OutputTX.

I want to replace Belclere TX to L31267 and L10468. Can I just put Belclare out and Marinair in? or something(capcitor or something else..)modify is needed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone, I have a questions about replacing transformers on 33609J.

I own my 33609/J onboard with Belclere Input/Buffer TX and Marinair Lo1173/1 OutputTX.

I want to replace Belclere TX to L31267 and L10468. Can I just put Belclare out and Marinair in? or something(capcitor or something else..)modify is needed?

Thanks in advance.
The one I built has 31267 & 10468 & I don't remember doing anything special to use them.

Hi Rob! Thanks to reply. Which revision of 33609 you moded? and I love to hear your impressions compare with belclere transformers.
I built Igors 33609, I didn't mod it, I never used belclares in the first place, I built it with the 31267 & 10468, so I can't give you any comparisons. I have repaired 33609s which had belcalres & always thought they sounded great to the point where personally I wouldn't change them.

Not sure if i am right here, but:
Does anyone know, if you can get Boards for the 33609 ?

I know that DIY Racked offers a Kit, but i ´m not sure if i´ll go with the original Design and second, i´ve ordered a Kit from them and updates / help isn´t that great, so i will not but again from them, if i can get it from somewhere else.

Kind Regards, Christian
Hi Christian,

Did you order the kit from DIY Racked? I'm also curious about the PCB's for the 33609 and am wondering where to find them.

DZ

I built Igors 33609, I didn't mod it, I never used belclares in the first place, I built it with the 31267 & 10468, so I can't give you any comparisons. I have repaired 33609s which had belcalres & always thought they sounded great to the point where personally I wouldn't change them.
EXACTLY!!! Belclere's are not a problem- they need loading properly, sometimes on the primary too,
but there are differences, maybe not 'better' or 'worse'......

...to many cognitive biases at work....I saw an 8068 sell very very quickly because it was loved, and so many good tracks had been tracked and mixed on it. It was a late model, full of Belcleres- not a Marinair or StIves in it....

Hi!
I just opened a package from TP which contains a kit from the first batch of dr609. It has therefore been unopened since 2018 :) I then discovered that both "amp340" cards were missing. Have contacted diy-racked's support, they refer to tat purusha which I also emailed. He doesn't answer and now neither does the support :) I guess I have myself to blame...but I really want to get my hands on these cards. Want to check with you what you think my possibilities are. Are there other BA340/440 diy pcb's available in the community?

Maybe someone got gerber files or a kicad project?

What is the best pre-assembled PSU I can buy for my 33609?

I have checked Mean Well's RS-25-24 but that's seems pretty cheap for a quality PSU at $10..

What is the best pre-assembled PSU I can buy for my 33609?

I have checked Mean Well's RS-25-24 but that's seems pretty cheap for a quality PSU at $10..
Don't judge a book by looking at its cover! Meanwell PSU's are of excellent quality, in particular they deliver a very clean voltage and don't radiate too much. Now I still think thay need additional output filtering in the form of a CLC filter.

Don't judge a book by looking at its cover! Meanwell PSU's are of excellent quality, in particular they deliver a very clean voltage and don't radiate too much. Now I still think thay need additional output filtering in the form of a CLC filter.
Great to know, I've ordered one yesterday to try it out anyway! I'd still like to find something fully assembled without a need to add a custom filter on the output..

I just opened a package from TP which contains a kit from the first batch of dr609. It has therefore been unopened since 2018 :) I then discovered that both "amp340" cards were missing. Have contacted diy-racked's support, they refer to tat purusha which I also emailed. He doesn't answer and now neither does the support :) I guess I have myself to blame...but I really want to get my hands on these cards. Want to check with you what you think my possibilities are. Are there other BA340/440 diy pcb's available in the community?
Wasn't there an option to use a 990 DOA?

Hi!

Maybe someone got gerber files or a kicad project?
I don't think the DR 609 are the same pcb's as Igors. Therefore you are asking in the wrong thread. I believe there is a thread specifically for the DR609. Maybe you could ask there since there will be people who have built the project you are working on.

Latest posts

Back