On fulfilment of audio dreams

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingston

Hi everyone,

I used to be an active person on this forum. Lately not so much. I have realized it's because I got absolutely everything I ever desired from audio electronics and more. I came here as a electronics-dumb-person with knowledge of mixing and how things are supposed to sound. But I could not achieve that with what I had at the time which was basically Logic Audio, plugins and generic mixer preamps. There was something missing.

I don't know how on the very first months I ended up getting private master class lessons from NewYorkDave and PRR for example. That kind of a thing is bizarre as just chance or luck- I only know it now. With the best of wealth in your hands, where would one even go look for such a thing?

Some years passed and from point to point clone projects - and some actual clone projects - I graduated into designing my own. The high point of my career is understanding what "ground" means and how that turned me into a less of an electronics engineer but more into a plumber.

Long story short for years I have already had a dream studio with the actual sounds I came looking for. Less need for me to hang around this place. Just felt like should tell you all what happened. What a treasure trove this place is. Deep knowledge.

Thank you,
Mikko

Kingston said:
Hi everyone,

I used to be an active person on this forum. Lately not so much. I have realized it's because I got absolutely everything I ever desired from audio electronics and more. I came here as a electronics-dumb-person with knowledge of mixing and how things are supposed to sound. But I could not achieve that with what I had at the time which was basically Logic Audio, plugins and generic mixer preamps. There was something missing.

I don't know how on the very first months I ended up getting private master class lessons from NewYorkDave and PRR for example. That kind of a thing is bizarre as just chance or luck- I only know it now. With the best of wealth in your hands, where would one even go look for such a thing?

Some years passed and from point to point clone projects - and some actual clone projects - I graduated into designing my own. The high point of my career is understanding what "ground" means and how that turned me into a less of an electronics engineer but more into a plumber.

Long story short for years I have already had a dream studio with the actual sounds I came looking for. Less need for me to hang around this place. Just felt like should tell you all what happened. What a treasure trove this place is. Deep knowledge.

Thank you,
Mikko
don't forget to pay it forward.....

JR

scott2000 said:
The power supply, the M670 and of course the Duct are in my file of gems ;D

You jest! But probably correct, also. Speaking of the duct, only yesterday we had like a communal clean-up-of-the-househood gather together I don't know how that one translates. But I found a piece of duct. Apparently many other industries other than audio have discovered the benefits of a good aluminum duct.

I mean

:D

> less of an electronics engineer but more into a plumber.

Good water, good audio..... What is the difference? The solder?

Hey Mikko!

Good to see you here too. A nice coincidence that we both stopped by to say hi at around the same time.
Hope all is well!

Stewart

Took a walk with a friend last night and had the same thing to say (in so many words); folks imparting and amplifying knowledge with such good faith and sense of generosity. I said, these people, the forum, pm's, emails, this is what the world should be.

I've decided that it is a form of love. Left brain love, aspiring to make the cycle of teach/learning open-ended and without limit.

zebra50 said:
Hey Mikko!

Good to see you here too. A nice coincidence that we both stopped by to say hi at around the same time.
Hope all is well!

Stewart

Actually I saw your hello and was inspired to write something as well.

Cool post Mikko.

I'm sort of the opposite.  The room, gear and people I work with now wildly exceed what I even understood was possible when I started this journey but it just makes me more curious and hungry for better! 

No matter, we are both doing what we love.

Latest posts

Back