Onkyo Files for Bankruptcy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is confusing what entity actually filed for bankruptcy. Not confusing in the sense of the name, it was Onkyo Home Entertainment, but confusing as to what that company actually did any more.
The Onkyo and Integra brands, inventory, and related intellectual property were sold to someone else last year, and are currently being manufactured by Sharp, so Onkyo and Integra home theater and home audio equipment will still be manufactured and sold.
Premium Audio Company LLC statement on OHE bankruptcy

Sad...

It looks like VOXX, the owner of PAC, who took over Onkyo and Integra isn't too far from bankruptcy either. Their stock went close to zero today and it has been dropping all year long.

I liked Onkyo gear back in the day I was in the hifi sales game , simple no fuss and it worked for years and years
I used have pet names for some of the marques ,
I'd make jokes with other staff members about Wonkyo and Hardon Kardon then just give little covert hand signals when they were trying pitch those products to customers , Hardon was an index finger pointed upwards ,wonkyo was signified by a droopy finger , all of a sudden a huge cheesey grin would appear on their faces while trying to serve the customer , fun times indeed .
Sad to see Onkyo go though .

Back