• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Output Transformers from MCI console. (SOLD)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These really are fantastic transformers. I was going to type out a long thing, but I wanted to double check something and came across this. Straight from the horses mouth.

"The output transformers MCI used used the bifilar winding technique. They will handle a level of +30 dbm with no problem. The frequency response is flat to approx. 1 mhz, with a -3db point at 3mhz.; I know this as I measured several myself. The transformers were manufacture3d by Southeastern Transformer Co. in Miramar,
Fla.; they are no longer in business.

I know this as fact as I ran console checkout at the MCI factory when we were shipping the 416 consoles; later I was service mgr. for the MCI dealer in Nashville, before opening my own business there."

Last edited:
3mghz is three milli gigi Hertz which just so happens to be 3 Mega Hertz (3MHz) which is what I think you/he meant to say.

Cheers

Ian

Edit: I doubt very much that they are flat out to 3MHz.

Ian

Last edited:
EDIT: all have been sold. Thank you.

harvested from an MCI JH*** console, these are the 'optional output transformers' provided by MCI.
tested.

$50 USD each plus trackable shipping (CANADA/USA) via PayPal

View attachment 84179View attachment 84180
If anyone is still looking, I have 12 of these for sale, currently in a metal rack with molex connectors, will be listing shortly...

https://groupdiy.com/threads/transformers-for-sale-neve-marinair-31267-1-mci-600-600-line-12.80145/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back